Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Michael Stevens <ms...@etla.org> on 2007/01/15 13:03:02 UTC

multiple caches in one vm?

Hi.

Is there any way to run multiple jcs lateral caches in one VM?

I'm trying to write unit tests for my code that uses JCS in a cluster,
and it'd be very handy to be able to simulate cache communication.

As far as I can tell too many things are static for this to be
possible currently.

Michael

Re: multiple caches in one vm?

Posted by Michael Stevens <ms...@etla.org>.
On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 01:22:53PM -0600, Smuts, Aaron wrote:
> Not via JCS, but you can initialize a client directly.  Look at the JCS
> unit tests.  . . . You are testing JCS at this point, and not your
> application.

Thanks, not quite what I'm after. I think I'll have to move to running
two VM instances.

I want to do essentially a functional test - I have some application
code that uses JCS, and I want to test that the whole stack behaves
correctly.

Michael

RE: multiple caches in one vm?

Posted by "Smuts, Aaron" <Aa...@travelocity.com>.