Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Deepak Agarwal <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/20 09:03:53 UTC

One organization, 3 stores with mixed common products. How to setup

We have 3 stores for one organization. Some of the products are common
between them and some are not. We want to be able to run these stores with
minimal changes.

2 Possibility we are thinking of :

1) Use ProductFacility association. Associate each product with all the
facility where it is available (since stores are linked up with facility so
a JOIN with productfacility while searching for the products in that store
would work)

2) Recreate the whole catalog-category structure (in this case for example
we might have to create 3 category id for Mobiles category) and attach
products to them.

Deepak Agarwal,

Mobile: +91 9501190044

Re: One organization, 3 stores with mixed common products. How to setup

Posted by Vikas Mayur <vi...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 20, 2013, at 11:24 PM, Deepak Agarwal wrote:

> Thanks Mayur,
>
> We want to maintain separate inventory for each store. Product prices I
> think we can maintain for each store by using productStoreGroup in
> ProductPrice entity (with productStoreGroup we can have multiple default
> prices of common products for different stores and ).
>
> Our stores are kiosks at malls and we have modified webpos for this. What
> we want is to give them a drop down while creating a sales order so that
> they can select whether to show just that store's product (while typing in
> the product search autocomplete) or to show other store's products too. For
> this we would require some association with product. that association is I
> am trying to find out.

> Based on the above requirement I have following questions regarding the
> setup:
>

> 1) When you want to host a solution where multiple organizations gets a
> control panel to maintain their ecommerce.

Answers respective to ecommerce based stores since you mentioned it. I don't know whether you have both online presence or you just take orders from the pos terminal.

It could be either multi-instance or multi-tenant architecture. AFAIK OFBiz doesn't support multi-tenant for eCommerce.

> 2) When a single organization has multiple stores with common products
> among the stores.

It can be done with three different web-apps running on a single OFBiz instance or a different OFBiz instance for each store. While using the single instance model, you can cut down the implementation time by extending the core web-app for rest of the two stores - see the OOTB ecommerce component for example. I would suggest you to use a single instance model to save some effort on managing the common data and implementation time.

Posted by Deepak Agarwal <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mayur,

Posted by Vikas Mayur <vi...@gmail.com>.