Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Amit Anand <Aa...@imedlink.net> on 2001/09/04 20:33:51 UTC

New to Tomcat -- Logging

Hey everyone,

Was wondering if there was a way within Tomcat to keep a track of all IP's
coming into the site. There is a product called WebTrends which I wanted to
run against the Tomcat logs to give me some reports. I cant seem to figure
out how to get better loggin from Tomcat though. Anyone have any
ideas/suggestions? I figure I gotta do something with web.xml but the point
is I have no clue. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Amit Anand

Re: ThreadPool: Pool exhausted with 100 threads

Posted by Tim O'Neil <to...@xythos.com>.
At 12:56 PM 9/5/2001, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>We are seeing many many 'ThreadPool: Pool exhausted with 100 threads'
>errors.  Ive seen that you can modify the server.xml to customize threadpool
>access (max_threads value=x max_spare_threads vaule=x, min_spare_threads
>value=x), but Ive also heard that its hard coded in
>org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool.java in Tomcat 3.2.2.  This is our
>production env so Id hate to impliment this and have the prolem become
>bigger.  What do you guys suggest?  We are using Tomcat 3.2.2, Apache 1.3
>(with ssl mod) as our webservers, on Solaris 7, with Oracle 8 via jdbc.

You could up the values and re-compile.

ThreadPool: Pool exhausted with 100 threads

Posted by "...amy.nanninga..." <am...@sega.com>.
Hello,

We are seeing many many 'ThreadPool: Pool exhausted with 100 threads'
errors.  Ive seen that you can modify the server.xml to customize threadpool
access (max_threads value=x max_spare_threads vaule=x, min_spare_threads
value=x), but Ive also heard that its hard coded in
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool.java in Tomcat 3.2.2.  This is our
production env so Id hate to impliment this and have the prolem become
bigger.  What do you guys suggest?  We are using Tomcat 3.2.2, Apache 1.3
(with ssl mod) as our webservers, on Solaris 7, with Oracle 8 via jdbc.

Mucho Thanks........

::'::........amy...
................end.transmission.......::'::
\\*//

Re: New to Tomcat -- Logging

Posted by Tim O'Neil <ti...@xythos.com>.
At 02:54 PM 9/4/2001, Craig wrote:
>Tomcat 4 (when run in standalone mode) already produces access log files
>compatible with analysis tools like Webtrends.  Alternatively, you can run
>Tomcat behind a web server, and let the web server provide the log files
>for you.

You can also run a servlet that records the
ips of all requesters and redirects them to
your index page real easily.

Re: New to Tomcat -- Logging

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
Tomcat 4 (when run in standalone mode) already produces access log files
compatible with analysis tools like Webtrends.  Alternatively, you can run
Tomcat behind a web server, and let the web server provide the log files
for you.

Craig McClanahan