Posted to users@camel.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/01 15:24:53 UTC

Re: POJO Lifecycle within Camel? (Stuck trying to make my own Dynamic Router)

2008/8/29 Conrad Pilloud <co...@ngc.com>:

> I want to implement a variation on the EIP pattern Dynamic Router (DR) (and
> sadly don't have time to wait for
> https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-8 CAMEL-8  :-().
>
> The idea is to allow an administrator-type user to add/subtract endpoints
> and routes at run-time.  Like DR pattern, the idea is to have a dynamic
> rulebase that this adminstrator person manipulates/maintains through some
> UI.  I'm envisioning some kind of DR POJO that runs asynchronously in Camel,
> awaiting requests from the administrator person to affect the rulebase and
> then manipulating the CamelContext to achieve the desired new configuration.
>
> The problem I'm currently stuck on is that I don't really understand the
> Camel Architecture well enough to manage the lifecycle of my POJO and pass
> it control to do its thing.  I can get it instantiated as a
> CamelContextAware implementer via Spring, but that's about as far as I've
> gotten.

Its kinda up to you; when folks use Spring then we delegate to Spring
to manage lifecycles. So you could just rely on Spring
ApplicationContexts to denote the lifecycle of your beans.

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration