Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Clay Graham <cl...@newobjectivity.com> on 2002/06/25 06:06:55 UTC

problem with 4.0.4 JSP pages first install

Ok, so I gave up trying to get JRE 1.3 and tomcat 4.0.3 working, it just
wouldn't work.

nobody helped me so i just moved on, I know a brick wall when I see it, and
hate a bloody forehead. I now have JRE 1.4 and tomcat 4.0.4 installed, and
the servlet examples are working. The problem is the JSP examples aren't.
Here's an example...

from:http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/num/numguess.jsp

Apache Tomcat/4.0.4 - HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error

--------

type Exception report

message Internal Server Error

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server
Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: sun/tools/javac/Main
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:481)

any ideas where my install went wrong?

Clay

RE: problem with 4.0.4 JSP pages first install

Posted by Andrew Conrad <an...@msn.com>.
It's probably obvious to you now, but that was your problem with 1.3.
You needed the JDK.

I wouldn't get too discouraged about not getting a response.  The
problem is more along the lines that there are too many emails to read
everything daily.

Probably like so many other people, I can only read so many emails
before I just give up for the day and purge what's left.  Its bad enough
seeing 100+ new postings a day without trying to deal with yesterdays
stuff too.

-Andrew