Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by George Zhang <ge...@itsp-inc.com> on 2006/02/24 19:02:07 UTC

FW: the extra whitespaces using xerces1.4.4

Hi Guys,

I am not sure whether or not the following issue is a BUG. Please help me or
give me some advice.

Thanks,
George

Re: FW: the extra whitespaces using xerces1.4.4

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Calling setIndent() [1] with a non-zero value will cause the serializer to
pretty-print the document. It will add white space. If you don't want that
don't call setIndent().

[1]
http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/javadocs/other/org/apache/xml/serialize/OutputFormat.html#setIndent(int)

Michael Glavassevich