Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by Apostolis Giannakidis <ap...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/04 05:34:01 UTC

GORA-229

Regarding Jira issue GORA-229, I added separate patches for each
module. More specifically for gora-accumulo, gora-cassandra, gora-core and
gora-hbase modules. I replaced the deprecated junit.framework.* and used
import static org.junit.Assert.*; as it is recommended by junit.
http://junit.sourceforge.net/javadoc/org/junit/Assert.html

I have also added the @Ignore annotation in the tests that had empty body.

Please let me know your opinions.

Cheers,
Apostolos

Re: GORA-229

Posted by Renato MarroquĂ­n Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Apostolis,

Yeah some people recommend using static import for improving readability.
IMHO we shouldn't use them outside this JUnit stuff because it might get
trickier later on when handling those in different parts of our code. But I
think if we are going to use this static imports, we should import specific
members so we can find out more easily where the imported methods are
coming from.

Renato M.

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/language/static-import.html