Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by priyanka rawat <rp...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/15 09:19:03 UTC

Error Parsing xml document

Hi,

I m using Xerces 2.11.0 for my project. But, I am getting error at rum
time. The stack trace of the error is as follows:

 java.lang.Exception: org.openid4java.discovery.DiscoveryException: 0x70d:
Error parsing XML document
        at
org.iitk.brihaspati.modules.actions.GoogleRequest.performDiscoveryOnUserSuppliedIdentifier(GoogleRequest.java:83)
        at
org.iitk.brihaspati.modules.actions.GoogleLogin.doPerform(GoogleLogin.java:86)
        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.actions.VelocityAction.doPerform(VelocityAction.java:84)
        at
org.apache.turbine.util.velocity.VelocityActionEvent.perform(VelocityActionEvent.java:120)
        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.actions.VelocityAction.perform(VelocityAction.java:110)
        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:134)
        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.doBuild(DefaultPage.java:154)
        at org.apache.turbine.modules.Page.build(Page.java:91)
        at org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java:136)
        at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:796)
        at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doPost(Turbine.java:891)
        at
org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.serveRequest(InvokerServlet.java:466)
        at
org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.doPost(InvokerServlet.java:216)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:494)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2417)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:577)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:1040)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1151)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
Caused by: org.openid4java.discovery.DiscoveryException: 0x70d: Error
parsing XML document
        at
org.openid4java.discovery.xrds.XrdsParserImpl.parseXmlInput(XrdsParserImpl.java:197)
        at
org.openid4java.discovery.xrds.XrdsParserImpl.parseXrds(XrdsParserImpl.java:50)
        at
org.openid4java.discovery.yadis.YadisResolver.retrieveXrdsLocation(YadisResolver.java:448)
        at
org.openid4java.discovery.yadis.YadisResolver.discover(YadisResolver.java:252)
        at
org.openid4java.discovery.yadis.YadisResolver.discover(YadisResolver.java:232)
        at
org.openid4java.discovery.yadis.YadisResolver.discover(YadisResolver.java:166)
        at org.openid4java.discovery.Discovery.discover(Discovery.java:147)
        at org.openid4java.discovery.Discovery.discover(Discovery.java:129)
        at
org.openid4java.consumer.ConsumerManager.discover(ConsumerManager.java:542)
        at
org.iitk.brihaspati.modules.actions.GoogleRequest.performDiscoveryOnUserSuppliedIdentifier(GoogleRequest.java:74)
        ... 46 more
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: s4s-att-invalid-value: Invalid
attribute value for 'targetNamespace' in element 'schema'. Recorded reason:
cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: 'xri://$xrd*($v*2.0)' is not a valid value for
'anyURI'.
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
        at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)
        at
org.openid4java.discovery.xrds.XrdsParserImpl.parseXmlInput(XrdsParserImpl.java:188)
        ... 55 more

I have tried the other versions such as  Xerces 2.8.1and Xerces 2.8.0 as
well. But, every time I get the same error.

Re: AW: Error Parsing xml document

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
keshlam@us.ibm.com wrote on 15/05/2012 02:57:58 PM:

> I sit corrected... though if you want the document to be
> interoperable with other XML tools, you should hew close to the
standard.

> BTW, I was just reminded that XML Namespaces 1.1 declared that
> namespace names should be IRIs, not just URIs.  Of course how many
> tools tracked that chance is an open question.

Right. In XML Schema 1.0, xs:anyURI is supposed to approximate IRI. XML
Schema 1.1 [1] makes it clearer that an xs:anyURI is an IRI, though the
validation rules were relaxed to allow any string, so if you were using
Xerces' XML Schema 1.1 processor you wouldn't get that particular error
for the targetNamespace.

Thanks.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-2/#anyURI

Michael Glavassevich
XML Technologies and WAS Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

Re: AW: Error Parsing xml document

Posted by ke...@us.ibm.com.

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
The type of the targetNamespace attribute is xs:anyURI. The xs:anyURI type
[1] allows many characters (which are not allowed in vanilla URIs) without
requiring escaping. However, there are still many classes of strings which
are not valid xs:anyURI values.

Thanks.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#anyURI

AW: AW: Error Parsing xml document

Posted by "Papendieck, Thomas" <Th...@opitz-consulting.com>.
Hi,

Von: priyanka Rawat [mailto:rpriyanka.scorpio@gmail.com]
> I'm getting the xml document on redirecting to the following address https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id
>
> The xml document is stored on this address, and while parsing the document the error occurs.
This does not change the cause of the error. Who ever created this document failed to resolve her template string to a valid URI leaving this document unparsable.

Bye
Thomas

Re: AW: Error Parsing xml document

Posted by priyanka Rawat <rp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thomas,

Posted by "Papendieck, Thomas" <Th...@opitz-consulting.com>.
Hi,

[...]

        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)