Posted to dev@shale.apache.org by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org> on 2007/01/27 04:54:35 UTC

See You In Amsterdam?

My general session on Shale got accepted for ApacheCon Europe 2007 ... it's
Friday May 4 at 10h30.  Hope to see anyone else who is coming there!  And
I'm planning on coming in early enough for Queen's Day on Monday.  Now I
just need to go find an orange shirt ...

Craig

Re: See You In Amsterdam?

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 2/2/07, Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2/2/07, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I won't be there, no talk for me. I'll be rooting from this side of the
> > pond :-)
> >
> > Craig -
> >
> > Were you planning on talking about the dialog impls? It'd be great to
> > see a larger picture being painted around the SCXML dialog impl beyond
> > the runtime piece (entire dev cycle impact, same flow but multiple
> > devices & markups, potential standards angle etc.). If you want and/or
> > prefer, I can post upto 2 slides, which ofcourse you're free to hack
> > as you see fit.
>

> That would be very helpful!  I could imagine spending a whole session
> talking about the dev cycle impact of building UIs around dialogs :-), but I
> should have time for a few slides on the topic.

<snip/>

I made the whole session attempt ;-) *shrug*

Thanks for being open to suggestions, I'll follow up in a week or two.

-Rahul

Re: See You In Amsterdam?

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.

Re: See You In Amsterdam?

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: See You In Amsterdam?

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Matthias

I ran it by my wife about stopping in Germany but we both feel there's
not enough time and we would be rushed (we only have a week since the
little one will staying behind.)  We would rather go to Germany as
part of a separate trip and come see you then!

We'll be arriving in Amsterdam on Saturday night so I'd love to try
and get together with you before the conference starts.

Email me offlist and we can make a plan.

Sean

Re: See You In Amsterdam?

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: See You In Amsterdam?

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Craig,

Re: See You In Amsterdam?

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 2/10/07, Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> @Craig: Is your wife coming too?  I know you mentioned that as a
> possibility in Austin.

Unfortunately not ... she's not a fan of going with me for conferences and
then just leaving her to fend for herself most of the time, so we've agreed
that our next trip to Europe will be vacation *only* :-).  That being said,
I'm going to target arriving Sunday morning (04/29) if possible, Saturday
morning if not.  I'm *definitely* not going to be able to stay afterwards,
though ... afterwards I have to fly home, trade suitcases, and head down to
SFO for JavaOne.

Sean

Craig

Re: See You In Amsterdam?