Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "s.m. nasehi" <me...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/15 20:41:20 UTC

Research Survey, Participants Needed

Dear POI Community,

I’m Seyed M. Nasehi, a PhD candidate at the Department of Computer
Science, University of Calgary. As part of my PhD Research, I’m
investigating the suitability of unit test methods as API usage
examples, especially for new-comers. The goal of my study is to find
out about how useful test code could be as a source of API usage
examples. In order to do that, I need the opinion of API experts who
have been using the API for a long time or been developing the API
and/or its unit tests.

The study consists of a few candidate methods extracted from the POI
API unit tests (from the HSSF+XSSF parts of the API), which will be
shown one at a time. You'll be asked to tell how useful they would be
as usage examples. The study will take about 5 to 10 minutes,
depending on how many questions you want to answer. I would appreciate
if you participate in the study, even if you just rank a few code
snippets and not all of them.

If you would like to participate in this study please do that by
clicking on the following link:
http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/564247/POI-Test-As-Example

If you have any further questions or want clarification regarding this
research and/or your participation, please contact:
Seyed Mehdi Nasehi, Department of Computer Science, University of Calgary
Email: smnasehi@ucalgary.ca or mehdi.nasehi@gmail.com

Cheers,
Seyed