Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Eric A. Hall" <eh...@ehsco.com> on 2005/03/01 17:41:49 UTC

another request for RECEIVED[x] array

I'm revisiting some rulesets that I'm wanting to write, but am struggling
again with the lack of Received header parsing. The rules I want to have
available to me are:

  1) Check for a reverse-DNS match

  2) Check for HELO (versus EHLO)

  3) Check for TLS

In order to do this, I really need an array of Received header meta-data
(might also benefit from separate arrays of trusted vs untrusted Received
headers but that's not needed right now).

Array entries should go from top to bottom with RCVD_HDR[0] (or whatever)
being the top-most header. Each array entry should have elements for
hostname, HELO/EHLO, recipient, and the other elements described in
RFC2821 for Received headers, as well as a full-text representation of the
header (unwrapped into a single line).

I'm aware that the syntax and structure of Received headers vary
dramatically across implementations (and even across installations of a
specific implementation), and that this can become pretty difficult, but
this is really needed in order to do protocol-level validity tests from
within SA.