Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Daniel Lopez <da...@rawbyte.com> on 2001/12/31 21:19:53 UTC

[suggestion] FAQ entry

Please consider the following addition to the FAQ, given that several people
have already aswked and it is likely to keep popping up:

Q) I am getting weird entries in my logs, asking for default.ida, cmd.exe and
other files. What is going on?

A) The host requesting pages from your website and creating those entries is a
Windows machine running IIS that has been infected by an Internet worm such
as Nimda or Code Red. You can safely ignore these error messages as they do
not affect Apache.  Check http://www.apacheweek.com/features/codered for
additional information.

Cheers

Daniel

RE: [suggestion] FAQ entry

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
> From: Daniel Lopez [mailto:daniel@rawbyte.com]

> Please consider the following addition to the FAQ, given that
> several people
> have already aswked and it is likely to keep popping up:

Done.  Thanks!

Joshua.