Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gordon Mickel <g....@arpanet.ch> on 2001/11/06 13:50:25 UTC

Adding XSP Login in a XSL Stylesheet?

Hi all

I've been trying to get an example working where content, logic and
presentation are completely seperated.

I'm having a lot of problems with the first step though.

I have an XML file which contains the content (see attached file) and a
xsl stylesheet which should add some xsl logic.

In the sitemap I have the following entry:

   <map:match pattern="umantis/*.html">
   <map:generate src="docs/samples/umantis/{1}.xml"/>
   <map:transform src="stylesheets/umantis-xsp.xsl"/>
   <map:serialize/>
   </map:match>

I would like to transform the xml file adding xsp logic to it. The
problem is that is doesn't seem to "execute" the xsp code. Which means I
always have <xsp:expr>new Date()</xsp:expr> in the HTML instead of the
actual date.

I would be very grateful for any pointers.

cheers very much

Gordon Mickel
--
Gordon Mickel, Arpanet AG
Steinengraben 18, 4002 Basel, Switzerland

Re: Adding XSP Login in a XSL Stylesheet?

Posted by Hubert NEOtyk Iwaniuk <hu...@office.ferienwelt.com.pl>.
On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 01:50:25PM +0100, Gordon Mickel wrote:
> Hi all

Hi Gordon,

> I've been trying to get an example working where content, logic and
> presentation are completely seperated.
>
> I'm having a lot of problems with the first step though.
>
> I have an XML file which contains the content (see attached file) and a
> xsl stylesheet which should add some xsl logic.
>
> In the sitemap I have the following entry:
>
>    <map:match pattern="umantis/*.html">
>    <map:generate src="docs/samples/umantis/{1}.xml"/>

	<map:generate type="serverpages" src="some/xsp/doc/{1}.xml"/>

>    <map:transform src="stylesheets/umantis-xsp.xsl"/>

This is only presentation layer.

>    <map:serialize/>
>    </map:match>
>
> I would like to transform the xml file adding xsp logic to it. The
> problem is that is doesn't seem to "execute" the xsp code. Which means I
> always have <xsp:expr>new Date()</xsp:expr> in the HTML instead of the
> actual date.

As i understand you want some xslt transformation to add a logic to yours xml file. If i'm right what you want is logicsheet.

you may want to see my C2 tests bad at: http://office.ferienwelt.com.pl:8080/cocoon/xml_tests/welcome

> I would be very grateful for any pointers.

RTFM if you could. ;-)