Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2009/09/22 14:50:47 UTC

[ANN] New book - Apache Maven 2: Effective Implementation

The final release of "Apache Maven 2: Effective Implementation" is now
available online! It is available in both eBook and printed + eBook
versions, and is written by Deng Ching and myself with help from our
reviewers Wendy Smoak, Emmanuel Venisse, and Carsten Ziegler.

   http://www.packtpub.com/apache-maven-2-effective-implementations/book
   http://www.amazon.com/Apache-Maven-2-Effective-Implementation/dp/1847194540/

In this book, we wanted to focus on “best practices” and tying
everything together in a way that shows how Maven was meant to be
used. It works through a reasonably useful example application from
scratch, up to an assembly, building it in CI, deploying it to the
repository, and releasing it.

The book includes:
   Chapter 1: Maven in a Nutshell
   Chapter 2: Staying in Control with Archiva
   Chapter 3: Building an Application Using Maven
   Chapter 4: Application Testing with Maven
   Chapter 5: Reporting and Checks
   Chapter 6: Useful Maven Plugins
   Chapter 7: Maven Best Practices
   Chapter 8: Continuum: Ensuring the Health of your Source Code
   Chapter 9: Continuum in Depth
   Chapter 10: Archiva in a Team
   Chapter 11: Archetypes
   Chapter 12: Maven, Archiva, and Continuum in the Enterprise
   Appendix A: Troubleshooting Maven
   Appendix B: Recent Maven Features
   Appendix C: Migrating Archiva and Continuum Data

Full contents: http://www.packtpub.com/article/apache-maven-2-effective-implementations-table-of-contents

"Chapter 6: Useful Maven Plugins" is available now as a sample from
the book site.

Cheers,
Brett

Re: [ANN] New book - Apache Maven 2: Effective Implementation

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
The chapter 6 is available on the web site.
Cheers,

Arnaud

# Arnaud Héritier
# Software Factory Manager
# eXo Platform
# http://www.exoplatform.com
# http://blog.aheritier.net

Posted by Quintin Beukes <qu...@skywalk.co.za>.

Posted by Andrew Close <ac...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 8:40 AM, Peter Horlock
<pe...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Is there any open source version like from "The Definitive Guide"? I doesn't
> seem like it.
> So in otherwords, your post is plain propaganda for you, "packtpub" and
> amazon.

and that's a bad thing because..?
if you're not interested, don't buy/read it, but there are plenty of
people out there would like a book on Maven and having more choices is
typically a good thing.
i appreciate the effort and will be checking it out.

--
Andrew Close

Re: [ANN] New book - Apache Maven 2: Effective Implementation

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
And where is the problem ? Even if the book isn't free, it is always a good
thing for our community and its users...
Cheers,

Arnaud

# Arnaud Héritier
# Software Factory Manager
# eXo Platform
# http://www.exoplatform.com
# http://blog.aheritier.net

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Peter Horlock <peter.horlock@googlemail.com

Posted by Quintin Beukes <qu...@skywalk.co.za>.
Brilliant! I'll have one. Thanks. Too bad my credit card doesn't work,
so I'll have to wait until the funds become "unfrozen". Serves me
rights for clicking that "Purchase" button so many times. :>

Quintin Beukes

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.