Posted to users@maven.apache.org by mateamargo <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/16 16:28:42 UTC

Specifying repository in the install goal

I need to install a program in a repository, but not in my local one.
Everytime I run "mvn install" it installs into my
"/home/user/.m2/repository" directory, but I need it somewhere else.
I have tryied moving the files manually, but it doesn't seems to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

RE: Specifying repository in the install goal

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day,

Btw, if the problem simply was you want to change the location of your local
repository from ~/.m2/repository to /somwhere/else/path, you'd just have to
specify that in your settings.xml ( either in ~/.m2/settings.xml or in
$M2_HOME/conf/settings.xml ) to something like...

<settings>
  <localRepository>/somewhere/else/path</localRepository>
</settings>

Cheers,
Franz

Posted by mateamargo <ma...@gmail.com>.

Graham Leggett wrote:

> On Mon, April 16, 2007 4:56 pm, David Jackman wrote:
>
>> You can't deploy to an http url.  It has to be something that can accept
>> files, like scp, ftp, or file.
>
> DAV can accept files from an http url, but you need to specify it as
> dav:http://etc for it to work.
>
> Regards,
> Graham

I have finally used file://

Thank you both.

RE: Specifying repository in the install goal

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.

Posted by David Jackman <Da...@fastsearch.com>.

Posted by mateamargo <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jo Vandermeeren <jo...@gmail.com>.