Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Wolf Benz <eu...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/06 13:36:03 UTC

Kupu (t:htmlInput) problems

Hi List,

I'm using the inputHTML tag for retrieving rich text, however with
one of the upgrades (it worked under Tomahawk 1.3 - now using
snapshot 1.5 as under 1.4 it didn't work either) it stopped working.
What happens is it just returns "" (i.e. the value set in
currentEvent's constructor is not changed, whatever I type in the
rich text field)

The code: (inside the form)

<h:form>
<t:inputHtml
	addKupuLogo="false"
	style="height:180px;"
    	showAllToolBoxes="false"
	value="#{regcalbean.currentEvent.metaInput}" >
</t:inputHtml>
</h:form>

The field metaInput is declared in its class as such:
private String metaInput; ( & getters/setters)
  & inited in its constructor: metaInput= "";

Should I be looking for an error on my side, or is this a known bug?

  & In older posts I came across a Dojo editor that would end up in
the sandbox but I don't see it anywhere.
Is Kupu the best alternative currently?

Thanks,
Wolf