Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> on 2014/02/06 01:37:55 UTC

1.7.15 up for testing/signing

The 1.7.15 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
Please get the tarballs from
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
and add your signatures there.  I plan to try and release on February
12th so please try and get your votes/signatures in place by February 10th.

Thanks!

Re: 1.7.15 up for testing/signing

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.
  +1 to release

Platform:

  Linux (Debian/wheezy)

Tested:

  (local, svn, svn+sasl, serf, neon) x (fsfs, fsfs/pack/shard, bdb)
  (serf/v1, neon/v1) x (fsfs, bdb)
  swig-pl, swig-py, swig-rb, ctypes-python
  javahl x (fsfs, bdb)

Results:

  All tests PASS except for known failure of checkout_tests.py 12.

Local dependencies:

  apache2-threaded-dev : 2.2.22-13
  libapr1-dev : 1.4.6-3+deb7u1
  libaprutil1-dev : 1.4.1-3
  libdb5.1-dev : 5.1.29-5
  libneon27-dev : 0.29.6-3
  libsasl2-dev : 2.1.25.dfsg1-6+deb7u1
  libsqlite3-dev : 3.7.17-1~bpo70+1
  perl : 5.14.2-21+deb7u1
  python2.7-dev : 2.7.3-6
  ruby1.8-dev : 1.8.7.358-7.1+deb7u1
  openjdk-7-jdk : 7u25-2.3.10-1~deb7u1
  serf : 1.3.x@2243

subversion-1.7.15.tar.bz2

subversion-1.7.15.tar.gz

--
Philip Martin | Subversion Committer
WANdisco // *Non-Stop Data*

Re: 1.7.15 up for testing/signing

Posted by Stefan Fuhrmann <st...@wandisco.com>.
On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 1:37 AM, Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> wrote:

> The 1.7.15 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
> Please get the tarballs from
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
> and add your signatures there.  I plan to try and release on February
> 12th so please try and get your votes/signatures in place by February 10th.

  +1 to release

Platform

  Ubuntu 13.10 x64, Linux 3.11.0-13-generic SMP

  Standard dependencies:
    APR 1.4.8
    APR-Util 1.5.2
    BDB 5.1.6
    GCC 4.8.1
    httpd 2.4.6
    JUnit 4.11
    libmagic 5.11
    OpenJDK-7 7u25
    OpenSSL 1.0.1e
    Perl 5.14.2
    Python 2.7.5+
    Ruby 1.8.7
    Swig 2.0.10
    zlib 1.2.8

  Manually installed and in-tree dependencies:
    SQLite 3.7.15.1
    Serf 0.7.2
    ctypesgen svn-r151

Verified:

  Tarball contents and signatures

  (fsfs, bdb) x (local, svnserve, neon, serf)
  check-swig-py
  check-swig-pl
  check-swig-rb
  check-javahl
  check-ctypes-python

  ./get-deps.sh

Result:

  All tests passed.
  (tests for release were executed in serial mode)

GPG Signatures committed to the dist/dev/subversion repository.

-- Stefan^2.

Re: 1.7.15 up for testing/signing

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.
On 2/14/14, 1:55 AM, Ivan Zhakov wrote:
> I am getting diff_tests#10 failure over all protocols on Windows. All
> other tests pass.
> [[[
> FAIL:  diff_tests.py 10: diff when property was changed but text was not
> ]]]
>
> Full log attached.
>
> PLATFORM:
> ---------
> MS Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
> Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Version 9.0.30729.1 SP
>
> DEPENDENCIES:
> -------------
> APR: 1.4.8
> APR-Util: 1.5.2
> Apache HTTPD: 2.2.25 with r1497121 and r1497441 reverted.
> zlib: 1.2.3
> OpenSSL: 0.9.8y
> sqlite: 3.7.6.3
> Python: 2.6.6
> serf: 1.1.1
>
> The failure is reproducible. Is it known issue? What I should to check?

This is a 1.7.15 regression.  We'll fix and roll a 1.7.16.

Re: 1.7.15 up for testing/signing

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.
On 2/14/14, 7:44 AM, Ivan Zhakov wrote:
> On 14 February 2014 17:51, Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com> wrote:
>> Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com> writes:

>>> The test creates r2 for the file iota that adds svn:eol-style=native.
>>> Then it runs various diffs: -r1:2, -r2:1, etc.  The one that fails is
>>> -rPREV which compares r1 in the repository to r2 in the working copy.
>>> The test expects the diff to show a property change only but a text
>>> change is seen.
>>>
>>> Perhaps the code that converts the working file to repository form is
>>> failing?  The code in question is
>>>
>>>   libsvn_client/diff.c:diff_repos_wc_file_target:2320
>>>
>>> and that code certainly is invoked on my Linux machine.
>>
>> So it looks as if this code is converting the wrong way.  It's supposed
>> to convert from working copy form to repository form but is doing the
>> reverse conversion.  On Linux the conversion is a noop so it works.  At
>> some point we need
>>
>>           if (eol_style == svn_subst_eol_style_native)
>>             eol_str = SVN_SUBST_NATIVE_EOL_STR;
>>
>> but I don't know if this should go directly in client/diff.c or whether
>> some other translation function should be used.
>>
> I confirm that all tests pass with proposed patch on Windows over ra_local.

The sad thing here is that the buildbot caught this issue.

Here's the build before the broken change was merged:
https://ci.apache.org/builders/svn-windows-local/builds/651

Here's the one after:
https://ci.apache.org/builders/svn-windows-local/builds/654

The logs are gone so I can't say for sure what the failure is but I'm fairly
comfortable saying the build bot caught this issue.

I just made a test build against the branch I created to fix the problem and it
passes (ignoring the JavaHL issue):
https://ci.apache.org/builders/svn-windows-local/builds/725

We have these build bots but they're next to useless if they have persistent
test failures.  :(

I should have noticed but I've gotten tired of reviewing the buildbot failures
on branches since it's always been spurious.

Re: 1.7.15 up for testing/signing

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.

CTO | VisualSVN | http://www.visualsvn.com

Re: 1.7.15 up for testing/signing

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.
    +1 to release

Platform

    Mac OS X 10.9.1 Mavericks, build 13B42

    Standard dependencies:
      Apple clang(++) 5.0 (clang-500.2.79)/LLVM 3.3svn
      APR 1.4.5
      APR-Util 1.3.12
      zlib 1.2.5
      httpd 2.2.24
      OpenSSL 0.9.8y
      Python 2.7.5
      Perl 5.16.2
      Ruby 2.0.0p247
      SQLite 3.7.13

    Dependencies from homebrew:
      SQLite 3.8.3
      Serf 1.3.3
      BDB 5.3.28
      Swig 2.0.11
      libmagic 5.16

    Other dependencies:
      Java 1.7.0_51-b13
      JUnit 4.11

Verified:

  Tarball contents and signatures

  (fsfs, bdb) x (local, svnserve, dav+neon, dav+serf) x SQLite(3.7.13, 3.8.3)
  check-javahl
  check-swig-py
  check-swig-pl

New issues:

  - 'make swig-rb' doesn't work with Ruby 2.0 that's standard on OSX 10.9.

Known issues:

  - 'make swig-py and 'make swig-rb' do not work in out-of-tree builds

  - 'make check-javahl' requires 'make install'

  - 'make check-swig-py' requires 'make install-swig-py'

  - 'make davautocheck' requires 'make install'

  - Expanded URL keywords in the tarballs point to the release branch;
    they should point to the tag instead.

Known issues not checked:

  - 'make check-swig-rb' requires 'make install-swig-rb'
    -- 'make install-swig-rb' tries to install "something" into the
       Ruby site dir, which requires root privilege.

GPG Signatures committed to the dist/dev/subversion repository.

--
Branko Čibej | Director of Subversion
WANdisco // Non-Stop Data