Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Jan&Rob Hill <ro...@ntlworld.com> on 2016/12/10 11:11:38 UTC

OpenOffice 4.1.3

Hello,

I have downloaded your full system Open Office 4.1.3 which seems to work well thank you and claims to be the US language version BUT the spell check is not working.

Do I have to download your specific language pack or some other programme?

Many thanks in advance for your simple but detailed answer for me as an OAP to handle.

Regards Rob

Re: OpenOffice 4.1.3

Posted by nasrin khaksar <na...@gmail.com>.
hello.
if you only use english language, you dont need to download language pack.
if someone wants to use only one language, can download openoffice
only in the desire language.

On 12/10/16, Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 11:11:38 -0000
> "Jan&Rob Hill" <ro...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have downloaded your full system Open Office 4.1.3 which seems to work
>> well thank you and claims to be the US language version BUT the spell
>> check is not working.
>>
>> Do I have to download your specific language pack or some other
>> programme?
>>
>> Many thanks in advance for your simple but detailed answer for me as an
>> OAP to handle.
>>
>> Regards Rob
>
> The normal cure for this problem is to delete or rename your OpenOffice User
> Profile.  Details of the User Profile for various operating systems are
> given in
>
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426
>
> If you are using Windows close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File
> Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address
> Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder - "user.old" is a good choice.
> Start OpenOffice.
>
> This cures most spellcheck problems
>
> It can sometimes happen that an installation produces a faulty user profile
> "out of the box". The above fix works in the vast majority of cases.
> --
> Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is: