Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/13 17:08:01 UTC

[RELEASE]: new snapshot is still uploading

Hi,

the snapshot is still uploading but the wiki page is already updated and
the links should now work when the upload is finished. Means if the link
don't work yet try again some time later.

Available languages are: ast bg cs da de el en-GB en-US es eu fi fr gd
gl hi hu it ja km ko lt nb nl pl pt pt-BR ru sk sl sr sv ta th tr vi
zh-CN zh-TW

Ok for early preview kk is also available but not listed in the wiki,
see [1]

I have also uploaded one en-US patch for testing, see [2]. Due to some
minor building issue it is only a patch for en-US. The next build will
contain patches for all released languages. But interested testers be
aware that this patch can be only applied to an officially released and
installed AOO 4.0.1 version.

I hope we can improve the upload problem in some way and that we can
fast provide a RC for the Beta when I ma back from vacation.

I suggest to focus on bugfixes at the moment and I will branch off a
release branch on Feb. 25. Beginning with the public Beta we should move
in showstopper mode as we did in the past. Only promoted showstopper
fixes will be integrated to stabilize the release branch.

[1]
http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/macos/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.0_MacOS_x86-64_install_kk.dmg
http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/windows/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.0_Win_x86_install_kk.exe
http://people.apache.org/~hdu/developer-snapshots/snapshot/linux_x86/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.0_Linux_x86_install-rpm_kk.tar.gz
http://people.apache.org/~hdu/developer-snapshots/snapshot/linux_x86/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.0_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_kk.tar.gz
http://people.apache.org/~hdu/developer-snapshots/snapshot/linux_x86/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.0_Linux_x86_install-deb_kk.tar.gz
http://people.apache.org/~hdu/developer-snapshots/snapshot/linux_x86/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.0_Linux_x86-64_install-deb_kk.tar.gz

[2]
http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/windows/Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.1-4.1.0_Win_x86_patch_en-US.msp

Re: [RELEASE]: new snapshot is still uploading

Posted by Josef Latt <Jo...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

Am 13.02.2014 17:08, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
> Hi,
>
> the snapshot is still uploading but the wiki page is already updated and
> the links should now work when the upload is finished. Means if the link
> don't work yet try again some time later.

IMO it would be better to remove the old snapshot, when a new snapshot
is announced on the wiki page.

Fwd: [RELEASE]: New snapshot is ready

Posted by Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch>.
Hallo zusammen

Diese Mail leite ich nun einfach mal so weiter. Wer testen will, nur zu.

Gruss Raphael

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	[RELEASE]: New snapshot is ready
Datum: 	Mon, 17 Feb 2014 14:43:04 +0100
Von: 	Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>
Antwort an: 	qa@openoffice.apache.org
An: 	dev@openoffice.apache.org <de...@openoffice.apache.org>, qa
<qa...@openoffice.apache.org>, l10n@openoffice.apache.org

On 13.02.2014 17:08, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> the snapshot is still uploading but the wiki page is already updated and
> the links should now work when the upload is finished. Means if the link
> don't work yet try again some time later.
>
> Available languages are: ast bg cs da de el en-GB en-US es eu fi fr gd
> gl hi hu it ja km ko lt nb nl pl pt pt-BR ru sk sl sr sv ta th tr vi
> zh-CN zh-TW

Now all the snapshots are uploaded. There are builds for Windows [1],
for Mac [2] (with OSX>=10.7), for Linux Intel 32bit [3] and for Linux
AMD 64bit [4].

[1] http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/windows/
[2] http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/macos/
[3] http://people.apache.org/~hdu/developer-snapshots/snapshot/linux_x86
[4] http://people.apache.org/~hdu/developer-snapshots/snapshot/linux_x86-64

The development snapshot Wiki page is updated too, but due to server
problems it is currently inaccessible.

[5] http://s.apache.org/devsnaps

Happy testing!

Herbert

Fwd: [RELEASE]: New snapshot is ready

Posted by Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch>.
Hallo zusammen

Diese Mail leite ich nun einfach mal so weiter. Wer testen will, nur zu.

Gruss Raphael

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	[RELEASE]: New snapshot is ready
Datum: 	Mon, 17 Feb 2014 14:43:04 +0100
Von: 	Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>
Antwort an: 	qa@openoffice.apache.org
An: 	dev@openoffice.apache.org <de...@openoffice.apache.org>, qa

Re: [RELEASE]: New snapshot is ready

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

On 17.02.2014 20:37, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 02/17/2014 02:43 PM, schrieb Herbert Duerr:
>> The development snapshot Wiki page is updated too, but due to server
>> problems it is currently inaccessible.
>
> Just curious. How to update a Wiki page when the Wiki server is down?

Magic ;-)

Jürgen updated the wiki before the upload had been finished - as stated
in his initial posting.

Best regards, Oliver.

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.
On 17.02.2014 20:37, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 02/17/2014 02:43 PM, schrieb Herbert Duerr:
>> The development snapshot Wiki page is updated too, but due to server
>> problems it is currently inaccessible.
>
> Just curious. How to update a Wiki page when the Wiki server is down?

By updating it before it went down ;-)

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On 02/17/2014 05:43 AM, Herbert Duerr wrote:
> On 13.02.2014 17:08, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> the snapshot is still uploading but the wiki page is already updated and
>> the links should now work when the upload is finished. Means if the link
>> don't work yet try again some time later.
>>
>> Available languages are: ast bg cs da de el en-GB en-US es eu fi fr gd
>> gl hi hu it ja km ko lt nb nl pl pt pt-BR ru sk sl sr sv ta th tr vi
>> zh-CN zh-TW
>
> Now all the snapshots are uploaded. There are builds for Windows [1],
> for Mac [2] (with OSX>=10.7), for Linux Intel 32bit [3] and for Linux
> AMD 64bit [4].
>
> [1] http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/windows/
> [2] http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/macos/
> [3] http://people.apache.org/~hdu/developer-snapshots/snapshot/linux_x86
> [4] http://people.apache.org/~hdu/developer-snapshots/snapshot/linux_x86-64
>
> The development snapshot Wiki page is updated too, but due to server
> problems it is currently inaccessible.
>
> [5] http://s.apache.org/devsnaps
>
> Happy testing!
>
> Herbert