Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Maksim Yermakou <ma...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/06 09:00:32 UTC

[DISCUSS] - Use "server" time from default.cfg for template engine variables

Hi everyone,

In Airflow configuration we have the ability to change the default_timezone and
then use this time like Server time. But for our template engine variables
we continue to change time to UTC timezone e.g. execution_date
https://github.com/apache/airflow/blob/main/airflow/models/taskinstance.py#L546

Community, what do you think about adding a new functionality which checks
default_timezone and if default_timezone is not UTC then converts time to a
new specified timezone?

Also, I have created the same discussion in GitHub
https://github.com/apache/airflow/discussions/24157

Re: [DISCUSS] - Use "server" time from default.cfg for template engine variables

Posted by Franklin Ferreira de Lima <fr...@gmail.com>.
Light S.A.

Franklin Ferreira de Lima