Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Athanasios Tsitsipas <at...@uni-ulm.de> on 2015/06/04 12:17:41 UTC

Load balancer in stratos 4.1.0 openstack

Hello,

One question the load balancer used in stratos, under the lb module, is an
haproxy, nginx ? Also, any sample configuration for the load balancer to
create a cartridge, open the correct ports and later subscribe an nodejs
application to the load balancer?

Regards,

Athanasios Tsitsipas

RE: Load balancer in stratos 4.1.0 openstack

Posted by Athanasios Tsitsipas <at...@uni-ulm.de>.
Hi,

For the LB cartridge I used the following json:

But, the ports in axis2.xml are set to 80 and 443 respectively. What am I doing wrong? Also at the samples you map as http port the 22 to proxyport 8280. Is this right?

{

                "type": "lb",

                "category": "framework",

                "provider": "omistack",

                "host": "omistack-vm130",

                "displayName": "LB",

                "description": "LB Cartridge",

                "version": "1",

                "multiTenant": false,

                "loadBalancingIPType": "private",

                "portMapping": [

                                {

                                                "protocol": "http",

                                                "port": 8280,

                                                "proxyPort": 8280

                                },

                                {

                                                "protocol": "https",

                                                "port": 8243,

                                                "proxyPort": 8280

                                }

                ],

                "iaasProvider": [

                                {

                                                "type": "openstack",

                                                "imageId": "regionOne/c2c77400-c3c0-4323-bc61-47911022eff3",

                                                "property": [

                                                                {

                                                                                "name": "instanceType",

                                                                                "value": "regionOne/3"

                                                                },

                                                                {

                                                                                "name": "keyPair",

                                                                                "value": "stratos-key"

                                                                },

                                                                {

                                                                                "name": "availabilityZone",

                                                                                "value": "default"

                                                                }

                                                ],

                                                "networkInterfaces": []

                                }

                ]

}

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Athanasios,

As I mentioned in the other thread, can you please first try to run the
load balancer locally without puppet and see whether its working properly?
Then it would be easier for you to identify the issues in the puppet
module/configuration.

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 8:00 PM, Athanasios Tsitsipas <
athanasios.tsitsipas@uni-ulm.de> wrote:

> [...]
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.model.ServiceComponentProp.activate(ServiceComponentProp.java:146)
>
>         at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.model.ServiceComponentProp.build(ServiceComponentProp.java:347)
>
>         at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.InstanceProcess.buildComponent(InstanceProcess.java:620)
>
>         at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.InstanceProcess.buildComponents(InstanceProcess.java:197)
>
>         at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.Resolver.getEligible(Resolver.java:343)
>
>         at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.SCRManager.serviceChanged(SCRManager.java:222)
>
>         at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.FilteredServiceListener.serviceChanged(FilteredServiceListener.java:107)
>
>         at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:861)
>
>         at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
>
>         at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148)
>
>         at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEventPrivileged(ServiceRegistry.java:819)
>
>         at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEvent(ServiceRegistry.java:771)
>
>         at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistrationImpl.register(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:130)
>
>         at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.registerService(ServiceRegistry.java:214)
>
>         at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:433)
>
>         at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:451)
>
>         at
> org.wso2.carbon.core.init.CarbonServerManager.initializeCarbon(CarbonServerManager.java:517)
>
>         at
> org.wso2.carbon.core.init.CarbonServerManager.removePendingItem(CarbonServerManager.java:290)
>
>         at
> org.wso2.carbon.core.init.PreAxis2ConfigItemListener.bundleChanged(PreAxis2ConfigItemListener.java:118)
>
>         at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:847)
>
>         at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
>
>         at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

Imesh Gunaratne

Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

RE: Load balancer in stratos 4.1.0 openstack

I’m getting some errors when I’m trying to spawn an lb cartridge:

TID: [0] [LB] [2015-06-05 13:06:08,343]  INFO {org.apache.synapse.transport.passthru.PassThroughHttpSSLListener} -  Initializing Pass-through HTTP/S Listener...

TID: [0] [LB] [2015-06-05 13:06:08,344] ERROR {org.apache.axis2.engine.ListenerManager} -  Couldn't initialize the httpstransport listener

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""

and

TID: [0] [LB] [2015-06-05 13:06:09,995]  INFO {org.apache.stratos.messaging.message.receiver.topology.TopologyEventMessageDelegator} -  Topology event message delegator started

TID: [0] [LB] [2015-06-05 13:06:09,999] FATAL {org.apache.stratos.load.balancer.internal.LoadBalancerServiceComponent} -  Failed to activate load balancer service component

[1]  <http://wso2.com/library/tutorials/2014/04/tutorial-how-to-get-apache-stratos-4.0.0-running-on-a-single-machine/> http://wso2.com/library/tutorials/2014/04/tutorial-how-to-get-apache-stratos-4.0.0-running-on-a-single-machine/

[2]  <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/stratos/4.0.0-rc4/> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/stratos/4.0.0-rc4/

Posted by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com>.
Hi Thanos,

Posted by Athanasios Tsitsipas <at...@uni-ulm.de>.
Hi Gayan,

No I'm using the latest build of stratos, I'm just trying to find any sample that may work. The problem is that I cannot state the port mapping in the cartridge definition of load balancer, it always gives in axis2.xml the ports 80, 443 and second one how the other applications that I want to go through the load balancer will be subscribed to it.

Cheers,
Thanos

Posted by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com>.
Hi Thanos,