Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Harsha Halgaswatta <ha...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/21 05:47:26 UTC

Willing to Contribute Qpid (GSOC 2009)

Hi all

I am an undergraduate from University of Moratuwa specializing in the field
of Computer Science and Engineering , and willing to involve in Qpid during
Gsoc 2009 as some of my experiences are lying in the path of  what Qpid
needs .

Our final year project was SCI-Flex ( flexible integration of CEP (Complex
Event Processing)  with SOA ) at which we are corrently involved using many
technologies and components. Some of them are

           Apache Synapse
           WSO2 ESB
           Esper (Complex event processing Engine)
           Derby
           AMQP
           JMS , Axiom , etc.

We successfully completed JMS Map support in synapse transport recently and
persistant subscription manager for the events at ESB using Derby database
server.

By means of all the facts i found Qpid is the best for me to contribute
effectively during GSOC 2009. I found that no one had taken
*qpid-hibernate-backend.
*Would you mind telling me that would it be there in GSOC 2009 ? If yes i
can work on this for sure.

Thanks in advance
Harsha

Re: Willing to Contribute Qpid (GSOC 2009)

Posted by Harsha Halgaswatta <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Carl.  It is great . Then i can get myself biased on some interesting
projects and learn  Qpid as a prerequisite in case of contributing. These
days i am having exams which  will finish by next week, allowing me to bind
with Qpid.

Thanks

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
This is great, I will place a list of things I know need to be done up
on the wiki in the next say 48 hours and
copy to the dev list.

others can add but that will help those that want to contribute pick
areas to help on. I am sure we will also put
up a set of GSoC projects this year over the next few weeks. I can think
of a few.

kind regards
Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org