Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Wu sunflower <su...@hotmail.com> on 2004/04/07 09:11:56 UTC

Domain configuration

hi,

Following the Domain configuration Example,  I successfully use the
JDBCstore to save the matadata, and use TxFileContentStore to save files.
But I wonder, why do I need set "rootpath" and "workpath" for contentstore,
but not for other stores saving as JDBCstore?

And I also noticed that if I just use TxXMLFileDescriptorsStore for
metadata stores, the example also set "rootpath" and "workpath".

what is the difference with rootpath and workpath, do someone know why do I
need to set these two pathes??

thanks

Re: Domain configuration

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <oz...@c1-fse.de>.
The file stores need those paths to store their internal data store to
your normal file system. Have a look at the location those paths point
to and you will see the data. JDBCStore stores the data to a relational
database, that's why they do not need a path to your file system.

In short those paths are mere *internal*, configuration data.

Oliver

Re: Domain configuration

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.
"Wu sunflower" <su...@hotmail.com> writes:

> hi, Following the Domain configuration Example,  I successfully use
> the JDBCstore to save the matadata, and use TxFileContentStore to save
> files. But I wonder, why do I need set "rootpath" and "workpath" for
> contentstore, but not for other stores saving as JDBCstore?
>

> And I also noticed that if I just use TxXMLFileDescriptorsStore for
> metadata stores, the example also set "rootpath" and "workpath".
>

> what is the difference with rootpath and workpath, do someone know why
> do I need to set these two pathes??

rootpath is the place on your disk, where the file stores store all
their data. workpath is the place, where the data is stored, that
is necessary to rollback a transaction. It must be on the the
same file system as the rootpath.

The jdbc stores store anything in the database, so no need for
rootpath and workpath.

Martin