Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eoin Woods <wo...@intertrust.com> on 2001/10/11 19:17:35 UTC

RE: Urgent : Need help with running Servlet on TomCat to receive XML

> I just started playing around with TomCat and I have one question.
> I have a service on my Win2k box which receives XML documents
> on this URL : https://ip_of_machine:4433/xcc

> If I disable this service, can I run Tomcat to monitor this port and run a
> servlet to pick up documents which are being posted on this port ?
Yes, you can.

Firstly, you need to configure Tomcat to include an SSL HTTP connector on
port 4433.

Secondly, you need to create a servlet that accepts GET and POST and writes
the incoming data stream to a database or file or whatever.  This servlet
needs to be installed in the "xcc" context and have a URL mapping from "/"
to the servlet (this is done in web.xml).

This will then receive the documents that are sent and capture them for you.

Eoin.