Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bj...@premiere.de on 2004/09/03 10:24:50 UTC

Authenticate a virtual JK2 context on IIS side ?

Hi,

we want out frontend-webserver to do the authentication & autorisation. The
Tomcat-apps are on a different server connected via JK2/AJP13. Now, when we
map a URI-context to tomcat, there are no physical files on IIS-Side to bind
security permissions to. We also can't use dummy-files coz the java-apps
change to often. And when we create a folder for the context, say "abcd",
and bind the permissions there, direct requests into the folder like ...
 www.web1.de/acbd/index.jsp
...are still not blocked because "index.jsp" doesn't exist here, so no
security information.

What we are looking for is a possibility to bind permissions to a folder AND
it's entire substructure, like you can do in Apache's "httpd.conf" or
".htaccess" in IIS6 to set permissions for an JK2-URI-Mapped context on
Webserverside. The application must not do the authorisation by concept.

Any help appreciated..

--
Gruss...
Björn Andersen