Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Smitha S <Sm...@infosys.com> on 2015/06/09 03:18:05 UTC

MCF API Services

Hi Karl,

I am using MCF REST API services for creating connectors and jobs. I am stuck in two places. Could you please help me here.

1.       Repository Connector Creation: How do we specify password for creating a repository connector with window share. Is MCF expecting the password to be encrypted in any special format. When I try to pass the password as a normal string, the connector is created with a connection status as "Couldn't connect to server: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.". How do I pass password here.

2.       Job Status history: I have created and scheduled a job using MCF Rest API. The requirement is to get the job running history with info of job start time, job end time, number of documents processed etc. Using  jobstatus/jobid, I can get the last job run details. But how do I fetch the previous run details.

Could you please provide some insights for the above two points. I really appreciate your help in resolving all MCF queries.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Smitha

RE: MCF API Services

Posted by Smitha S <Sm...@infosys.com>.
Thanks.

But I am passing the JSON for creating repository connector in below format. Where do I mention the encryption parameters?.

{"repositoryconnection":
{"description":"","
name":"344_RepConnector",
"configuration":{"_PARAMETER_":
[{"_value_":"<<IP>>","_attribute_name":"Server"},
{"_value_":"<<domain>>","_attribute_name":"Domain/Realm"},
{"_value_":"<<username>>","_attribute_name":"User Name"},
{"_value_":"<<password>>","_attribute_name":"Password"},
{"_value_":"true","_attribute_name":"Use SIDs"}]},
"class_name":"org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.sharedrive.SharedDriveConnector","isnew":"true"}}

Regards,
Smitha

Domain suffix should be filled in and username should just be the name. You enter the password as clearText, use the DIGEST and UsePrincipalName

Does either of these help? Have you validated login on the remote machine? If you have access.

RE: MCF API Services

Posted by Will Martin <wm...@synthostech.com>.
Using a domain user:

Re: MCF API Services

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
History:

repositoryconnectionhistory/

*<encoded_connection_name>*

*Karl*

Re: MCF API Services

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
org.apache.manifoldcf.core.system.ManifoldCF.obfuscate(String) will
obfuscate a password.

Karl