Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by David Howell <de...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/08 21:03:07 UTC

slow transfer rates w/ HDFS balancer

I just added a couple of new node to my cluster today, and ran the
balancer to get some data onto them. With scp, the transfer rate
between these machines is in the neighborhood of 50 MB/s... but the
transfers during the balancing cap out at 1 MB/s.

Is this to be expected, and if not, does anyone have any ideas of
where to start looking for a problem?

Thanks,
David

Re: slow transfer rates w/ HDFS balancer

Posted by David Howell <de...@gmail.com>.
Awesome, that did the trick.

Thanks!

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@linkedin.com>.