Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by James William Dumay <ja...@atlassian.com> on 2007/08/16 06:39:57 UTC

Functional tests for maven-assembly-plugin

Hey guys,
It seems that the functional tests for the maven-assembly-plugin are not
being used. There is nothing in the pom file that gets them to run and
they are not being compiled.

Just like to know whats happening so I can test my additional
functionality.

Cheers
--
James William Dumay <ja...@atlassian.com>
Atlassian Software Systems

Re: Functional tests for maven-assembly-plugin

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 21/08/2007, at 2:33 AM, John Casey wrote:

> Would it be feasible/difficult to allow this build to deploy a
> snapshot instead of just installing to a local repository? I'm
> really wondering about SSH access for this sort of operation...

Yeah, don't do that :)

If we decide to publish snapshots from Continuum, we need to initiate
it from people.apache.org. I can get that set up, but it's an either/
or option - if we start doing that, we stop deploying it ourselves.

I would like to go down that path - but I'd prefer we have Continuum
running without build failures on everything in it for a couple of
weeks first, and then some level of agreement from the dev@ list that
it's the solution we are going to use. That was my next step after
clearing the 9 or so remaining build failures.

Cheers,
Brett

Re: Functional tests for maven-assembly-plugin

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
I've adjusted the build schedule for the assembly plugin to run with -
P integration-tests and to run only once every 6 hours (4 times
daily, since this build takes quite awhile, and could be pretty
aggressive with resources...not sure on that).

Would it be feasible/difficult to allow this build to deploy a
snapshot instead of just installing to a local repository? I'm really
wondering about SSH access for this sort of operation...

-john

On Aug 20, 2007, at 6:45 AM, Andrew Williams wrote:

> It seems it was mistakenly compiled against the wrong version, I
> have corrected this in SVN, but not yet uploaded a new snapshot -
> the versions in svn and repository seem out of alignment...
>
> Is the beta-6-SNAPSHOT being run in a branch, or are the site
> plugin developers changing the version string when they deploy?
>
> cheers,
> Andy
>
> On 20 Aug 2007, at 08:10, James William Dumay wrote:
>
>> Brett,
>> I'm running it here on JDK 1.4. Seems maven-site-plugin
>> 2.0-beta-6-SNAPSHOT is JDK 1.5 only?
>>
>> ~James
>>
>> [INFO]
>> ---
>> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
>> [INFO]
>> ---
>> [INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
>> 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:2.0-beta-6-
>> SNAPSHOT:attach-descriptor': Unable to find t
>> he mojo
>> 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:2.0-beta-6-
>> SNAPSHOT:attach-descriptor' in the plugin
>> 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin'
>> org/apache/maven/plugins/site/SiteDescriptorAttachMojo (Unsupported
>> major.minor version 49.0)
>>

>> On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 16:44 +1000, Brett Porter wrote:
>>> They all passed for me locally.
>>>
>>> John - how often do you want these running in CI? every commit, or a
>>> forced nightly build?
>>>
>>> - Brett

---
John Casey
Committer and PMC Member, Apache Maven
mail: jdcasey at commonjava dot org
blog: http://www.ejlife.net/blogs/john

Re: Functional tests for maven-assembly-plugin

Posted by Andrew Williams <an...@handyande.co.uk>.

Posted by James William Dumay <ja...@atlassian.com>.
Brett,
I'm running it here on JDK 1.4. Seems maven-site-plugin
2.0-beta-6-SNAPSHOT is JDK 1.5 only?

~James

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:2.0-beta-6-SNAPSHOT:attach-descriptor': Unable to find t
he mojo
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:2.0-beta-6-SNAPSHOT:attach-descriptor' in the plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin'

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by James William Dumay <ja...@atlassian.com>.
Hey guys,

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by James William Dumay <ja...@atlassian.com>.
Hey Stéphane,

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
Howdy Atlassian folks,

On 8/16/07, James William Dumay <ja...@atlassian.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> It seems that the functional tests for the maven-assembly-plugin are not
> being used. There is nothing in the pom file that gets them to run and
> they are not being compiled.

Have you double checked ;-)

mvn -Pintegration-tests integration-test

HTH,
Stéphane

> Just like to know whats happening so I can test my additional
> functionality.
>
> Cheers
> --
> James William Dumay <ja...@atlassian.com>
> Atlassian Software Systems

Large Systems Suck: This rule is 100% transitive. If you build one,
you suck" -- S.Yegge