Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2005/11/03 16:57:23 UTC

Status of the Web Console for V1

I've updated the Web Console wiki page (under Documentation) with a
number of items over the past several days.
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Web_Console
I did this after speaking with Aaron over the weekend and asking how I
can help get the console ready for V1 and get the patches already
available processed quickly.

Here's what I added:
- A new table near the top with the current state of the Console
(Console Functional Status).  This lists which items are flat-out broken
(not minor bugs ... but exceptions, items not implemented, etc...).  I
think these are the most embarrassing and must be fixed quickly.

- Just below that is my opinion on a prioritized list of things to
consider as we improve the console.  As you can see from my comment, I
think we are still spending most of our time on the first priority.

- Next are 3 tables listing console JIRAs with patches by the following
3 categories:
1) JIRAs with patches that are ready to commit and which I think are not
controversial.  (currently 15 JIRAs)
2) JIRAs with patches that need some more work/investigation before they
will be ready to be committed. (currently 4 JIRAs)
3) JIRAs with patches that are controversial and hence may not get into
V1.  (currently 1 JIRA)

Please let me know if you have any comments, concerns, etc... (offers of
help are also welcome :-) ).

Joe

--
Joe Bohn