Posted to announce@apache.org by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org> on 2013/08/06 18:12:47 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Flex 4.10.0 Released

The Apache Flex community is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Flex 4.10.0 and Apache Flex IDE Installer 2.6.

Apache Flex is a highly productive, open source application framework
for building and maintaining expressive applications that deploy
consistently on all major browsers, desktops and devices (including
smartphones, tablets and TVs).

Apache Flex 4.10.0 is a backwards compatible update to Apache Flex
4.9.1 that contains a multitude of new features, more than 200 bug fixes
and the long awaited support for Linux. For the complete list of changes
please take a look in the RELEASE_NOTES.

Apache Flex is available in source form from the following download page:
http://flex.apache.org/download-source.html

It's recommended you install Apache Flex by using the Apache Flex IDE installer:
http://flex.apache.org/installer.html

When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the downloads
using signatures or MD5 hashes.

For more information on Apache Flex, visit the project home page:
http://flex.apache.org

Thank you for using Apache Flex,
The Apache Flex Community

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Flex 4.10.0 Released

Posted by aYo ~ <ay...@binitie.com>.
Hear, hear :-)

aYo
www.ayobinitie.com
mrbinitie.blogspot.com

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 10:31 AM, OmPrakash Muppirala
<bi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>wrote:
>
>> Scott,
>>
>> Do you, or somebody else on the team want to jump on the Apache Flex
>> twitter account and send out the announcement there too?   Also, do we
>> want
>> to be pointing them back to the LinkedIn page, or our official blog post?
>>
>> -Nick
>>

> I will do it.  I think official blog post would be best.  Or should we
> take this opportunity to promote the Linkedin group as well?

Just tweeted out from @apacheflex account.  Pointing to the blog post.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.
I think I'll publish a blog post at our site when I'm back to office
next week.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Scott Guthmann <sc...@on3solutions.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
Scott,

Posted by Scott Guthmann <sc...@on3solutions.com>.
We could use some social media noise.
Posted by Scott Guthmann <sc...@on3solutions.com>.
We could use some social media noise.
AW: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Flex 4.10.0 Released

Posted by Krüger, Olaf <OK...@edscha.com>.
Many thanks for the new release and your excellent work... keep it up!

Olaf

http://flex.apache.org<http://flex.apache.org/>

Thank you for using Apache Flex,
The Apache Flex Community

________________________________

Edscha Holding GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Remscheid
Registergericht: Wuppertal, HRB 22889
Geschäftsführung: Francisco J. Riberas Mera, Juan Maria Riberas Mera, Francisco López Peña, David Vázquez Pascual, Torsten Greiner, Mario Eikelmann, Hans-Peter Schulz und Volker Weiss

Vertretungsberechtigt sind nur Geschäftsführer und schriftlich Bevollmächtigte.

Solely Managing Directors or employees with a written proxy have got power of representation.

Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail einschließlich etwaiger beigefügter Dateien ist vertraulich und nur für den Empfänger bestimmt. Sollten Sie nicht der bestimmungsgemäße Empfänger sein, ist Ihnen jegliche Offenlegung, Vervielfältigung, Weitergabe oder Nutzung des Inhalts untersagt. Bitte informieren Sie in diesem Fall unverzüglich den Absender und löschen Sie die E-Mail einschließlich etwaiger beigefügter Dateien von Ihrem System. Vielen Dank.

The contents of this e-mail including any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of its contents is strictly prohibited, and you should please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail including any attachments from your system. Thank you.

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Flex 4.10.0 Released

Posted by Jeff Gomes <jg...@mmmagic.com>.
Thanks.  I had tried force reload, and assumed that would ignore cache.
Apparently not.  After I cleared cache, now I see 4.10.0. Sorry for the
noise.  ;-)

~ Jeff

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Am 06.08.2013 um 18:55 schrieb Jeff Gomes <jg...@mmmagic.com>:

> On the page http://flex.apache.org/installer.html, the installer graphic still says version 4.9.1.  Shouldn't that be 4.10.0 now?

It says 4.10.0 for me. Maybe you reload the page without using the cache?

Marcus

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Flex 4.10.0 Released

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 8/6/13 9:55 AM, "Jeff Gomes" <jg...@mmmagic.com> wrote:

>On the page http://flex.apache.org/installer.html, the installer graphic
>still says version 4.9.1.  Shouldn't that be 4.10.0 now?
Yes. I had to force refresh to get it.  Some of these graphics are getting
cached and our updates are not being noticed right away.  Try refreshing
and let us know if it doesn't update.

-Alex

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Flex 4.10.0 Released

Posted by Jeff Gomes <jg...@mmmagic.com>.

Posted by Mark Saunders <ms...@bigredflame.com>.
Nice Work!  I just compiled a large Multi-Module app on the first shot.

The efforts of all of the Contributors is greatly appreciated!

This is really very helpful and huge release.

We are running one huge project on Flex with around 51 Library sub-projects and were facing too many issues in  our current SDK 4.6.0.

Was waiting for such a huge and great release from a long time.

Congratulations to Apache Flex Team. Great Work and Keep it up... !! :)

--
Thanks
Mitul Golakiya | *CTO (Chief Technology Officer)* *Avinashi Group of Companies* | *Excellence Everywhere!*

Posted by Mitul Golakiya <mt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patel Amit <am...@gmail.com>.
Oho gr8 ,,

Let me post into my FB wall like Flex is not dead , Here comes Apache Flex
4.10 :)

Congratulations to all which is part of Apache flex team , keep it up ..:)-

Posted by Israel Junior <is...@gmail.com>.