Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/07 05:06:12 UTC

[VOTE] Release commons-sandbox-parent 3

Hi,

I'd like to release commons-sandbox-parent pom version 3 - then last
release used commons-parent version 4 and the only real change is to
upgrade to the latest version 6 of commons-parent.

A full diff of the pom.xml can be found at this address:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-sandbox-parent/trunk/pom.xml?r1=609497&r2=564663&diff_format=h

There are no changes to the site.xml.

The version number in the pom will be updated automatically during the
release process.

[ ] +1
[ ] =0
[ ] -1

Vote is open for 72 hours

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-sandbox-parent 3

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
Apologies - this vote is cancelled due to my screw up with
commons-parent-6. I think we need a commons-parent-7 released first,
then I'll look at doing this after.

Niall

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Niall Pemberton wrote:
> On Jan 7, 2008 11:52 PM, Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I'd like to update the version for the cobertura-maven-plugin before we
>> release this. The version currently being used is broken. Is that OK?
>
> Is this something that should go in commons-parent?

Yes it could. We've tried out a couple of plugins in the sandbox that
are not yet available in commons-parent. To get a feeling if they are
something worth adding to commons-parent.

> Niall
>
>> Niall Pemberton wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'd like to release commons-sandbox-parent pom version 3 - then last
>>> release used commons-parent version 4 and the only real change is to
>>> upgrade to the latest version 6 of commons-parent.
>>>
>>> A full diff of the pom.xml can be found at this address:
>>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-sandbox-parent/trunk/pom.xml?r1=609497&r2=564663&diff_format=h
>>>
>>> There are no changes to the site.xml.
>>>
>>> The version number in the pom will be updated automatically during the
>>> release process.
>>>
>>> [ ] +1
>>> [ ] =0
>>> [ ] -1
>>>
>>> Vote is open for 72 hours

>> --
>> Dennis Lundberg

Dennis Lundberg

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-sandbox-parent 3

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Is there a bug report for the maven-cobertura-plugin? I'll possibly be
able to fix that.

Jochen

--
Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before
you break 'em.

    -- (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-sandbox-parent 3

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 8, 2008 10:24 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 08/01/2008, Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Only on distrubuting in releases - fine to use on the web site.
> >
> > For any components wanting to use it and distribute the docs/site in
> > the distro - then we can just simply exclude the three GPL licensed
> > javascript files - I've tried this out with Commons IO and the report
> > seems to work fine without them:
> > http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=609834
> > Niall
> >

> I just saw that.
>
> How can one ensure that the JS files are excluded from distributions?

Thats what the change I made to the assembly descriptor is doing.

> Is it possible to add exclusions via the parent POM?
>
> At the very least it seems to me that the parent POM needs to document
> which files must be excluded, and how to exclude them.
>
> Perhaps RAT will (or can be updated to) report on violations?

You can run rat on the (unpacked) binary distro, but it does flag up a
alot of files since generated filles (e.g. javadocs) don't include
source headers.

> Alternatively, the parent POM could delete the JS files after running
> the report, so that there is no possibility of them being included in
> distributions.

Yes I guess this could be done with the antrun plugin.

Niall

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Niall Pemberton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to release commons-sandbox-parent pom version 3 - then last
> release used commons-parent version 4 and the only real change is to
> upgrade to the latest version 6 of commons-parent.
>
> A full diff of the pom.xml can be found at this address:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-sandbox-parent/trunk/pom.xml?r1=609497&r2=564663&diff_format=h
>
> There are no changes to the site.xml.
>
> The version number in the pom will be updated automatically during the
> release process.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] =0
> [ ] -1
>
> Vote is open for 72 hours

Dennis Lundberg

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-sandbox-parent 3

Posted by Ben Speakmon <bs...@apache.org>.
+1 with thanks.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
+1.