Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Paul, R. Chip" <RO...@saic.com> on 2004/02/18 15:40:56 UTC

RE: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java/lang/ClassLoader.setPackage AssertionStatus(Ljava/lang/String;Z)V

Whenever I've seen problems like this it's been related (like Dominique
said) to having either multiple versions of the ant libs or jdk
installations on the class path.

Also, I've been dissapointed with the way most tools bundle their Ant
support.  You may try using a fresh install of ant from outside of WSAD
(i.e. command line) and see if the problem persists.

Chip Paul
Sr Software Engineer
ComFrame Software Corporation

Listen.Understand.Innovate
www.comframe.com

Posted by RADEMAKERS Tanguy <ta...@swift.com>.

>Also, I've been dissapointed with the way most tools bundle their Ant
>support.  You may try using a fresh install of ant from outside of WSAD
>(i.e. command line) and see if the problem persists.

I haven't used WSAD but i do use Eclipse (which WSAD is based on) and:
- it is possible to change the version of ant used internaly by Eclipse
- Eclipse can use ant as an "external tool" which is sometimes more
manageable than using the interal ant...

my 0.02$

/t

Posted by priya pallavi <pr...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks everybody,

I solved that problem by removing tools.jar from Ant's runtime env , and Iam using

<property name="build.compiler" value="org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter"/>

as my compiler

Priya