Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Bailey, Shane C." <SH...@saic.com> on 2003/05/27 18:08:05 UTC

Direct me to the archive about individual error reporting next to fields

I was looking at this:

http://husted.com/struts/tips/017.html
<http://husted.com/struts/tips/017.html>

but what ends up happening is I get the

header to show up next to the error as well.

Is it possible to have

errors.header=The following validation errors occured:

errors.footer=</font>

errors.prefix=<font color="red">

errors.suffix=</font>

errors.required={0} is required.

then have something like this:

<logic:present   ?????>  //Not sure what to put

</logic:present>

<logic:notPresent  ????>//Again not sure

<bean:message key="label.firstName" />

</logic:notPresent>

Where either the label shows up or a red label shows

up if there is an error for that element.

????

I keep getting the header showing up next to the name and I

want it to show up only at the top.

I saw something similar in the struts-user emails.  Anyone

know the answer?

Re: Direct me to the archive about individual error reporting next tofields

Posted by Carl Walker <wa...@georgetown.edu>.
You'll need to use your own <bean:message key="errors.header"
/>,<bean:message key="error.myproperty" /> scheme or remove the
errors.header/prefix, etc. from the resource file.