Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by RKalaria <ra...@in2m.com> on 2008/12/03 16:27:02 UTC

ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG in JOB SANDBOX

Hi all,
       We are randomly getting error : ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only
for insert into a LONG when ofbiz runs a scheduled job and try to create a
new pending job.
       Environment :
       OS : Linux SuSe 10.3
       Java version "1.6.0_07"/Java version "1.5.0_12"
       Oracle 10.2.0.3 Enterprise Edition database with Oracle OCI driver
10.2.0.3.

       The problem is random. Most of the time ofbiz runs the scheduled
jobs, create new pending jobs and finishes the current running jobs
successfully.
      But for sometime it fails to create new pending jobs and also it
doesn't finishes the currently running job.

     Please provide some inputs as most of the services are failing randomly
because of this behaviour.

Regards,
Rajesh

Re: ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG in JOB SANDBOX

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
if you do a google search for
ofbiz ORA-01461
you will see that this error shows up in a lot of applications.
did a search in
http://docs.ofbiz.org
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/FAQ+-+Tips+-+Tricks+-+Cookbook+-+HowTo
scroll down to oracle

RKalaria sent the following on 12/3/2008 7:27 AM: