Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rick Kosbab <Ro...@woh.rr.com> on 2002/02/16 02:04:35 UTC

PHP Solution for Apache 2.0.28?

Is there any PHP fix or workaround for Apache 2.0.28? Also, what would you
recomend? PHP 4 or 3?

Rick
rombus@woh.rr.com

Re: PHP Solution for Apache 2.0.28?

Posted by Webmaster <we...@rolysvirtualpets.com>.
Apache 2.0.28:I don'y know
PHPVersion:PHP 3 is obselte so use PHP 4.0.6 (4.1.x sucks)

Re: [users@httpd] Return Version

Posted by Robert <ro...@iremote.com>.
Sterling:

You can have Apache divulge a lot or a little information about itself
(in the HTTP headers, at least) using the ServerTokens directive...

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#servertokens

I know this was said earlier, but it seems odd to me that you'd want to
keep people from knowing this information.  On the surface it sounds
like a security measure, but in practice it doesn't really make your
system more secure.

Also, I don't think this is a very common security practice.  Check out
NetCraft.  It's rare to see a site that makes any system information secret.

  http://www.netcraft.com/

Just my $0.02.

  ~ Robert

Re: [users@httpd] Return Version

Posted by Robert <ro...@iremote.com>.
Sterling:

A couple others thing while I'm thinking about this...

You should also make sure to change the default error pages.  By default
they return server information in the footer.  Also turn off directory
listings (see Options directive) for the server since they have info in
the footer.  Of course, you'd probably want to turn these off anyway.

...ah, that's all I can think of at this late hour.

  ~ Robert

Re: [users@httpd] Return Version

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>.
yup, read a bit further, turn servertokens off to remove all the data
about the box.
default is full info.

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>.
from the docs:

Posted by "John K. Sterling" <jo...@sterls.com>.

Posted by Chris Taylor <ch...@x-bb.org>.

[users@httpd] Return Version

Posted by James Pifer <ap...@tnjinfl.com>.
Can someone tell me how to make Apache return a bogus version or no
information at all on Apache 1.3.26 running on win32?

I need to do this for a security audit. My searching so far has not
given me an answer.

Thanks.
James