Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by charlse_Li <ch...@126.com> on 2015/05/08 10:46:05 UTC

The meaning of memstoreSize in HRegion.java

Dear all,
In the HRegion.java, what's the meaning of public final AtomicLong memstoreSize = new AtomicLong(0)? I find this  variable is comparing with the value of hbase.hregion.memstore.size, according to HBase Reference Guide, When a MemStore reaches the size specified by hbase.hregion.memstore.flush.size, all MemStores that belong to its region will be flushed out to disk, so the memstoreSize should be the value of max MemStore? But in  the HRegion.java,  i find the variable represents the size of memstores in the same Region, so the HBase Reference Guide is wrong? Hope there is someone could answer me, thanks very much.

2015-05-08

charlse_Li