Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Vicki Brown <vl...@cfcl.com> on 2016/10/08 03:34:52 UTC

WhiteListSubject Plugin

I am running SpamAssassin under Amavisd-new (Mac OS X Yosemite; OS X Server).

My local.cf file contains

  loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::WhiteListSubject

  header SUBJECT_IN_BLACKLIST eval:check_subject_in_blacklist()
  describe SUBJECT_IN_BLACKLIST Subject header is in user's black-list

  include /usr/local/mail/blacksubjects

The plugin does not appear to be running.

Ideas?

-- Vicki

Vicki Brown
cfcl.com/vlb
twitter.com/vlb

Re: WhiteListSubject Plugin

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, 7 Oct 2016 20:34:52 -0700
Vicki Brown wrote:

> I am running SpamAssassin under Amavisd-new (Mac OS X Yosemite; OS X
> Server).
>
> My local.cf file contains
>
>   loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::WhiteListSubject
>
>   header SUBJECT_IN_BLACKLIST eval:check_subject_in_blacklist()
>   describe SUBJECT_IN_BLACKLIST Subject header is in user's black-list

The above lines are already in by default, I don't think having a second
loadplugin in the wrong place makes a difference.

>   include /usr/local/mail/blacksubjects

This is ok as long as the file is readable.

> The plugin does not appear to be running.

If restarting Amavisd doesn't fix the problem, try running a test with
the spamassassin script e.g.

blacklist_subject jdkrifh

echo "Subject: jdkrifh" | spamassassin -D

start with a simple  ascii string. For anything more complicated you'd
need to set "normalize_charset 1" and edit your files in UTF-8.

BTW blacklist_subject is mainly a sort of Fisher-Price SpamAssassin rule
that's aimed at end users who aren't trusted to use regular expressions.

Re: WhiteListSubject Plugin

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 10/08/2016 05:34 AM, Vicki Brown wrote:
> I am running SpamAssassin under Amavisd-new (Mac OS X Yosemite; OS X Server).
>
> My local.cf file contains
>
>   loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::WhiteListSubject

BCP: remove the "loadplugin"  directive from your local.cf and uncomment
in the relevant v310.pre file

>   header SUBJECT_IN_BLACKLIST eval:check_subject_in_blacklist()
>   describe SUBJECT_IN_BLACKLIST Subject header is in user's black-list
>
>   include /usr/local/mail/blacksubjects

no sure if an include would work, especially in the file is not named .cf

so I'd remove that include line and put "blacksubjects.cf" file in same
directory as local.cf
( on most systems: /etc/mail/spamassasin )

> The plugin does not appear to be running.

spamassassin --lint -D plugin
This should show if it's being loaded.

Remeber that you should restart Amavisd-new after making change sto SA's
config

h2

Axb