Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Roberts, Jeremie" <Je...@henryschein.com> on 2012/08/14 22:01:41 UTC

JDBC Request or PreProcessor driving variables for HTTP Request testing and validation

Hi,

I am trying to use a JDBC Request to get a list of variable values to drive my HTTP Request testing, then once I get the results from the HTTP Request, I want to validate the results against another JDBC Request.

I have been looking at the documentation, and I am a bit confused as to how the Result Variable Name is used. It appears that this is what I want to use, but I can't find any good examples of how to really implement this. I believe I want to use a Loop Controller or ForEach Controller so that I can get the HTTP Request to iterate through the results of the JDBC Request.

Do you have some recommendations or examples to help me configure these tests?

Thanks,

Jeremie Roberts
Henry Schein Practice Solutions

E-mail messages may contain viruses, worms, or other malicious code. By reading the message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for taking protective action against such code. Henry Schein is not liable for any loss or damage arising from this message.

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee(s). Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.

Re: JDBC Request or PreProcessor driving variables for HTTP Request testing and validation

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
> I want to be able to pull SQL data and run my tests instead of having to
extract a CSV file every time I want to run my tests against a different
>database
As before you can run this as part of a setup thread group

>I would like to avoid CSV files as this would introduce extra overhead to
my testing.
DB calls while a test is running is easily much more overhead - especially
when you want to do multi-threaded tests.

In any case match your variable names to the number of columns
for e.g. select a,b from table
Then in the variable names text box have something like vara,varb (these
need not be same as your column names)
foreach inputvariableprefix = vara
Output variable = outa

If you have multiple columns - you usually need to start an incremented
counter inside the for loop so you can access the corresponding varb.

regards
deepak

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi