Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Gul Onural <go...@rim.com> on 2009/06/15 22:57:12 UTC

FATAL - Failed Configuring Service(id=null) weblogic/xml/registry/XMLRegistryException

Hi,

I've just started exploring OpenEJB to see if we can use it to run JUNIT
test cases, in an embedded configuration.

I went through the examples and tried to create a very simple JUNIT test
case using Junit 4.5 and Maven 2.

I just wanted to make sure that I can run OpenEJB within Eclipse. A very
very simple test case I wrote simply creates an initial context :

	        properties.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
"org.openejb.client.LocalInitialContextFactory");
	        properties.setProperty("openejb.deployments.classpath",
"true");
	        InitialContext ic = new InitialContext(properties);

However, I cannot successfully run this test case, it throws
XMLRegistryException immediately after I run the test case and
OpenEJB fails to configuring service, see the stack trace below. In the
test case, I printed out the classpath to make sure that
the jar containing this XMLRegistryException class is indeed in the
classpath.

Has anyone seen this problem before ?

Thanks,

Gul

Apache OpenEJB 3.1.1    build: 20090530-06:18
http://openejb.apache.org/
INFO - openejb.home =
C:\MyPerforceWorkspaces\469\Cardhu\ProvisioningREQ469\prv\common\jar
INFO - openejb.base =
C:\MyPerforceWorkspaces\469\Cardhu\ProvisioningREQ469\prv\common\jar
FATAL - Failed Configuring Service(id=null)
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
weblogic/xml/registry/XMLRegistryException :
weblogic/utils/NestedException
	at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268)
	at
java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2357)
	at
javax.xml.parsers.FactoryFinder.newInstance(FactoryFinder.java:100)
	at
javax.xml.parsers.FactoryFinder.findJarServiceProvider(FactoryFinder.jav
a:278)
	at javax.xml.parsers.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder.java:185)
	at
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(SAXParserFactory.java:107
)
	at
org.apache.openejb.config.sys.JaxbOpenejb.parseServicesJar(JaxbOpenejb.j
ava:151)
	at
org.apache.openejb.config.sys.JaxbOpenejb.readServicesJar(JaxbOpenejb.ja
va:130)
	at
org.apache.openejb.config.ServiceUtils.getServiceProviders(ServiceUtils.
java:206)
	at
org.apache.openejb.config.ServiceUtils.getServiceProvidersByServiceType(
ServiceUtils.java:132)
	at
org.apache.openejb.config.ServiceUtils.getServiceProviderByType(ServiceU
tils.java:188)
	at
org.apache.openejb.config.ConfigurationFactory.resolveServiceProvider(Co
nfigurationFactory.java:804)
	at
org.apache.openejb.config.ConfigurationFactory.configureService(Configur
ationFactory.java:676)
	at
org.apache.openejb.config.ConfigurationFactory.getOpenEjbConfiguration(C
onfigurationFactory.java:308)
	at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.getOpenEjbConfiguration(A
ssembler.java:292)
	at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.build(Assembler.java:271)
FATAL - OpenEJB has encountered a fatal error and cannot be started:
Assembler failed to build the container system.
org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: Failed Configuring
Service(id=null): weblogic/xml/registry/XMLRegistryException :
weblogic/utils/NestedException
	at
org.apache.openejb.config.ConfigurationFactory.configureService(Configur
ationFactory.java:772)
	at
org.apache.openejb.config.ConfigurationFactory.getOpenEjbConfiguration(C
onfigurationFactory.java:308)
	at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.getOpenEjbConfiguration(A
ssembler.java:292)
	at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.build(Assembler.java:271)
	at org.apache.openejb.OpenEJB$Instance.<init>(OpenEJB.java:137)
	at org.apache.openejb.OpenEJB.init(OpenEJB.java:286)
	at org.apache.openejb.OpenEJB.init(OpenEJB.java:265)
	at
a:39)
	at
Impl.java:25)
	at
org.apache.openejb.loader.OpenEJBInstance.init(OpenEJBInstance.java:36)
	at
org.apache.openejb.client.LocalInitialContextFactory.init(LocalInitialCo
ntextFactory.java:71)
	at
org.apache.openejb.client.LocalInitialContextFactory.init(LocalInitialCo
ntextFactory.java:53)
	at
org.apache.openejb.client.LocalInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(L
ocalInitialContextFactory.java:42)
	at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)
	at
javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:247)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)
	at
provision.common.sql.DBCommandTest.setUp(DBCommandTest.java:80)
	at
a:39)
	at
Impl.java:25)
	at
org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMet
hod.java:44)
	at
org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallab
le.java:15)
	at
org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMetho
d.java:41)
	at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.jav
a:27)
	at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunAfters.evaluate(RunAfters.java:
31)
	at
org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner
.java:73)
	at
org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner
.java:46)
	at
org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:180)
	at
org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:41)
	at
org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:173)
	at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.jav
a:28)
	at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunAfters.evaluate(RunAfters.java:
31)
	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:220)
	at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.jav
a:62)
	at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSe
t(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:140)
	at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(Abstr
actDirectoryTestSuite.java:127)
	at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:177)
	at
a:39)
	at
Impl.java:25)
	at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(Suref
ireBooter.java:338)
	at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java
:997)

Re: FATAL - Failed Configuring Service(id=null) weblogic/xml/registry/XMLRegistryException

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
Haven't seen this before.  From the stack trace it looks like this is
where things go wrong:

javax.xml.parsers.FactoryFinder.newInstance(FactoryFinder.java:100)
	at
javax
.xml.parsers.FactoryFinder.findJarServiceProvider(FactoryFinder.java:
278)
	at javax.xml.parsers.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder.java:185)
	at
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(SAXParserFactory.java:
107)
	at
org
.apache
.openejb.config.sys.JaxbOpenejb.parseServicesJar(JaxbOpenejb.java:151)

At that section of code we're just doing a plain "SAXParserFactory
factory = SAXParserFactory.newInstance();"  It seems one of the jars
in your classpath is showing up to the jvm as a SAXParserFactory
provider and the provider class is not loading.  I suspect if you run
a test case like this in your Eclipse project you'll see the same issue:

     import junit.framework.TestCase;
     import javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory;

     public class SaxTest extends TestCase {

         public void test() throws Exception {
             SAXParserFactory factory = SAXParserFactory.newInstance();
         }
     }

-David