Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Adnan Khan <kh...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/04 20:35:46 UTC

suitable implementation tasks / student projects?

Hello!

My name is Adnan and I'd like to learn more about Flink and get involved
with the project. I'm an upper year cs/math student and I've been looking
for an open source project in the large scale data processing, distributed
systems, and databases space. So I'm excited to learn more about Flink!

I've looked at the "starter" issues on Jira but I'm lost on which one would
be a good fit. I have experience working with Java and I just started
working with Scala at my current internship.

Ok I look forward to hearing from you guys! I've parked myself in #flink,
so you can message me there as well.

Cheers,
Adnan

Re: suitable implementation tasks / student projects?

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Hi Adnan!

If you are looking for a bigger involvement (and a project of your own),
you can have a look here at the roadmap and figure out the direction that
interests you most:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Flink+Roadmap

I think that a cool project would be the static code analysis. Cool and
unique feature. You would probably work together with one additional
committer on this
See here for details:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Project+Ideas

Greetings,