Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Marc Le Bihan <ml...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/01 08:27:01 UTC

My I report a special comparaison of executions leading on issues on Spark JIRA ?

Hello,

I currently run a Spark project based on cities, local authorities,
enterprises, local communities, etc.
Ten Datasets written in Java are doing operations going from simple join to
elaborate ones.
Language used is Java. 20 integrations tests with the whole data (20 GB)
takes seven hour.

*All work perfectly under Spark 2.4.6 - Scala 2.12 - Java 11 or 8*.
I remember it was working well on Spark 2.4.5 too,
but had many troubles in the past with Spark 2.4.3 (if I remember well from
L4Z algorithms often).

I attempted to run my integration tests on Spark 3.0.1. Many of them has
failed, with strange messages.
Something about lambda or about Map that where no more taken into account
when in a Java Dataset, object or schema ?

I then gone back, but to Spark 2.4.7. To make a try. And Spark 2.4.7. also
encounters troubles that 2.4.6. didn't have.

My question :

May I create an issue on JIRA based on the comparison of the executions of
my project with different versions of Spark, reporting error messages
received, call stacks and showing the lines around the one that encountered
a problem if available,
even if I can't provide you test cases for each trouble ?
Would this be able to give you hints about things that are going wrong ?

I could then have a try with some development version if needed (when asked
for) to see if my project returns to stability.

Re: My I report a special comparaison of executions leading on issues on Spark JIRA ?

Posted by Wenchen Fan <cl...@gmail.com>.
It will speed up the process a lot if a simple code snippet to reproduce
the error is provided.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
I am not sure what tests you are referring to. Your own? They may indeed
have to be changed to work with Spark 3. All Spark tests pass in Spark 3
though.

No, until you can clarify I do not see something to report in JIRA.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
Yes indeed, in fact you seem to be describing Spark 2->3 changes that are
already documented in the spark 3 migration guide.

Posted by Russell Spitzer <ru...@gmail.com>.