Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Nik Martin <ni...@nfinausa.com> on 2012/12/01 19:29:02 UTC

Re: ICMP traffic will not traverse

On 11/26/2012 11:01 AM, Michael Hart-Jones wrote:
> The Security policies in place show 0.0.0.0/0 allowing ports 0-65535
> on UDP and TCP. I have tried to do the same thing with ICMP but with
> no luck.

Make sure you also create a rule for cidr 0.0.0.0/0 on protocol ICMP,
with type 8 (echo) and code 0
THEN make sure the vm you are pinging is not also dropping pings via
some firewall rule.

Posted by Michael Hart-Jones <mh...@accessit.co.uk>.
And that was the end of that problem. Thank you guys.
---

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.
Icmp type/code any/any maps to –1/-1 in the API, not 0/0

From: Michael Hart-Jones <mh...@accessit.co.uk>>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 04:04:56 -0800
To: CloudStack Users <cl...@incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: ICMP traffic will not traverse

[...]