Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Aladar The Dinosaur <al...@telocity.com> on 2002/12/06 06:38:50 UTC

Struts & log4j

Hi,

I was trying to setup log4j with struts application, and found that struts &
commons were already using it. Basically, the logging works, but I don't
want my application specific logs mingled with struts and some of the other
utilities I'm using. My log4j init file initializes rootLogger and
application specific loggers, and I would like to separate those. How do I
do this?

If log4j is being initialized by struts (or commons) for that matter, will I
still be able to use my own log4j.properties file without the rootLogger
entry in it?  Or, can I used the property file being used by struts and
commons and tag my entries in it?

Can someone offer help?
Thank you.

Scott

Re: Struts & log4j

Posted by Aladar The Dinosaur <al...@telocity.com>.
I got it figured out by perusing log4j mail archive.

I had to set the rootLogger to "Error".

Scott

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>