Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by fp...@sqli.com on 2005/03/04 15:50:41 UTC

How to install Lenya on Weblogic ???

Hello

does someone installed Lenya under any version of Weblogic ?

If yes, do you have any documentation on how to do?

i tried 2 days, with the 7 version and the 8.1
on the 7. i succeded modifying files by changing the version of js.jar.

but it never worked for creation, or administration tasks.

and i am having the same problem on the 8.1 version.

Tahnk you.
Fabrice

Re: How to install Lenya on Weblogic ???

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
fplard@sqli.com wrote:

>Hello
>
>does someone installed Lenya under any version of Weblogic ?
>
>If yes, do you have any documentation on how to do?
>
>i tried 2 days, with the 7 version and the 8.1

we have successfully installed it on WebLogic 8.1 (after quite some time
struggling). IIRC then the major issue was getting the endorsed
libraries right.

Within build.properties you will find that one can set the servlet container
to WLS, but unfortunately that doesn't do anything yet, because the
intention
to make it WLS ready hasn't been implemented for the lack of time ;-)

Let me see if I can fix this over the weekend.

But at least you know now that it is possible ;-)

But another sidenote. We experienced WLS much slower, much slower than
Tomcat.
I don't want to flame on WLS, but I would suggest that you rather try
convincing whoever to use Tomcat or Jetty (but I am aware that this is
not always possible)

Michi

>on the 7. i succeded modifying files by changing the version of js.jar.
>
>but it never worked for creation, or administration tasks.
>
>and i am having the same problem on the 8.1 version.
>
>Tahnk you.
>Fabrice

Michael Wechner

Re: How to install Lenya on Weblogic ???

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
fplard@sqli.com wrote:

>Thank you Gregor,
>
>i already tried to use all the js.jar version from rhino, but it never
>worked, every time i got an Error or an exception.
>Do you have any idea ?

the following libraries should be treated as endorsed libs:

jakarta-bcel-20040329.jar  rhino1.5r4-continuations-20040629T1232.jar
xercesImpl-2.6.2.jar
jakarta-regexp-1.3.jar     xalan-2.6.1-dev-20041008T0304.jar
xml-apis.jar

HTH

Michi

Michael Wechner

Re: How to install Lenya on Weblogic ???

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
fplard@sqli.com wrote:

> i already tried to use all the js.jar version from rhino, but it never
> worked, every time i got an Error or an exception.
> Do you have any idea ?

please be more specific. what error do you get, and when? do you deploy
as an exploded war? are you using staging? etc.

WLS has many settings, and it takes fiddling with a lot of them to get
it just right.

> org.apache.lenya.cms.task.ExecutionException:
> file:E:/lenya/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/pubs/default/config/tasks/targets.xml:74:
> taskdef class org.apache.lenya.cms.ant.CopyResourcesTask cannot be found
> 	at org.apache.lenya.cms.task.AntTask.executeAntTarget(AntTask.java:129)
> 	at org.apache.lenya.cms.task.AntTask.execute(AntTask.java:229)
>
> but this class exists, it seems ant is launching another process and
> loosing all the running environment.

correct. make sure the WLS environment has ANT_HOME etc set.

i agree with michael when he says WLS is slow and a bitch to set up. i
seriously wonder why people bother (especially since most of the time
they use it just as a servlet container..)

i am certain that the costs for the WLS license and the wasted time to
set it up can be better invested elsewhere..

-gregor

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
COO, Wyona       Content Management Solutions    http://wyona.com

Re: How to install Lenya on Weblogic ???

Posted by fp...@sqli.com.
Thank you Gregor,

i already tried to use all the js.jar version from rhino, but it never
worked, every time i got an Error or an exception.
Do you have any idea ?

Moreover, it seems i have another problem that i still don t understand:

here is an exception thrown when i try to create a document :

org.apache.lenya.cms.task.ExecutionException:
file:E:/lenya/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/pubs/default/config/tasks/targets.xml:74:
taskdef class org.apache.lenya.cms.ant.CopyResourcesTask cannot be found
	at org.apache.lenya.cms.task.AntTask.executeAntTarget(AntTask.java:129)
	at org.apache.lenya.cms.task.AntTask.execute(AntTask.java:229)

but this class exists, it seems ant is launching another process and
loosing all the running environment.

thank you for your help .

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.