Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by 周大 <zh...@chinamobile.com> on 2012/09/03 10:46:10 UTC

答复: design doc

I cannot download the source code from git://git.apache.org/drill either.

Da Zhou (周大)
China Mobile Research Institute
No.32 Xuanwumen West Street,
XiCheng District
Beijing 100053, P.R. China
Mobile: +86 13910309724
Office: +86 15801696688 - 35989

Posted by Min Zhou <co...@gmail.com>.
The design paper would be published in a few days later, and there is not
anyone committed code into the repository yet.  I guess the PMC will make
a plan on how to oraginize the source tree.

Regards,
Min

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM, 周大 <zh...@chinamobile.com> wrote:

> I cannot download the source code from git://git.apache.org/drill either.
>

> Da Zhou (周大)
> China Mobile Research Institute
> No.32 Xuanwumen West Street,
> XiCheng District
> Beijing 100053, P.R. China
> Mobile: +86 13910309724
> Office: +86 15801696688 - 35989

bytecode based virtual machine.

My profile:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/coderplay
My blog:
http://coderplay.javaeye.com

Re: design doc

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 7:59 PM, Michael Hausenblas
<mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> core commiters have push access to the repo.
>
> Understood. Just assume I'm new to the Apache process. Who determines who'll end up being a core committer and on which basis?

All committers on a project are "core" committers. You cannot be a
non-core committer (unless the project name is "core").
Everyone who is sustainably contributing to a project in a
constructive way will be invited to become a committer eventually. It
is one of the main goals of any project to grow the list of
committers.
See
  http://community.apache.org/
especially
  http://community.apache.org/contributors/index.html

  Bernd

Re: design doc

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure how this happens in a new project like this, but I know
usually it's voted by the core group and project maintainers.

I believe usually once someone has committed to some level it can be become
a candidate nominated by someone in the group.

I don't have a extensive experience with apache projects, but I know most
of the are documented on the website (like:
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html#Committers
)

So don't take my word for it, you'll see most of the definitions in the
guide.

Tim

Re: design doc

Posted by Min Zhou <co...@gmail.com>.
That's very cool, I like git :)

Regards,
Min

Re: design doc

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Re: design doc

Posted by Michael Hausenblas <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: design doc

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.

Re: design doc

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
The process will be git based.  The git repo at Apache will allow push from
any of the committers and will be mirrored at git.apache.org and from there
to github.   Committers is a subset of contributors, but I hope that we
will be able to make the barriers very low for contributors who are not
committers to get code into the project.

Changes should have a JIRA filed at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL , possibly with a link to a
github repo with work in progress.

I would suggest that we work initially in a commit-then-review style.
 There seems to be a significant number of people with large amounts of
code that they would like to donate.  In order to avoid some of the
problems that Mahout had with this, I would suggest that we limit the
actual drill release to what we have good consensus on.  The consensus
should be based on what we think that Drill should do, code quality, test
quality and compatibility with the as-yet formative consensus architecture.

It may be that we will need a waiting room for code that isn't there yet,
but which needs to be easily visible to the community.  Something like the
Lucene contrib area might be good for that.

SVN will still be needed to support the web-site via the Apache content
management system.

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 5:09 AM, Michael Hausenblas <

答复: design doc

Posted by 周大 <zh...@chinamobile.com>.
According to http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/DrillProposal,
" Subversion Directory
Git is the preferred source control system: git://git.apache.org/drill "

Da Zhou (周大)

Re: design doc

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org>.

A git repository is ready to use at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-drill.git

--
Hyunsik Choi

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 6:09 PM, Michael Hausenblas <

Re: design doc

Posted by Michael Hausenblas <mi...@gmail.com>.