Posted to user@poi.apache.org by prateek singh <pr...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/20 15:43:43 UTC

Re: error in reading xlsx file using POI3.7

Hii Nick,

i'm facing  same problem when
i read data from .xlsx file
using XSSFWorkbook api
my code is...

InputStream fis=fieldItem.getInputStream();
//POIFSFileSystem fs = new POIFSFileSystem(fis);
XSSFWorkbook workbook1=new XSSFWorkbook(fis);

plz suggest  me  solution.

Re: error in reading xlsx file using POI3.7

Posted by Merryll <me...@netzero.net>.
and Nick Burch <nick.burch <at> alfresco.com> writes:

> On Tue, 20 Sep 2011, prateek singh wrote:
> > my code is...
> >
> > InputStream fis=fieldItem.getInputStream();
> > //POIFSFileSystem fs = new POIFSFileSystem(fis);
> > XSSFWorkbook workbook1=new XSSFWorkbook(fis);
>
> What doesn't work? You'll need to give us a bit more to go on than this if
> we're to be able to help...
>
> Nick

Hi Nick,

I have OpenOffice running on one computer and Microsoft running on the other.
When I saw the Java error, I figured that it was because my quasi excel file was
really written using openOffice.
  Since my computers are hooked together via a home network, I tried using excel
on one computer to create a test excel spreadsheet and save it to the computer
that only has OpenOffice (and my Java development environment).  Then I changed
the path of my excel file in my code to see if it would read my newly created
xcel file.  I still get exactly the same error.  Any suggestions will be greatly
appreciated.

Merryll

Re: error in reading xlsx file using POI3.7

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.