Posted to dev@daffodil.apache.org by "Shearer, Davin" <sh...@ctc.com> on 2022/09/21 19:35:00 UTC

Appeal for assessing GitHub actions and dependency updates

Hello Daffodil developers,

I’m appealing for some assistance in assessing some bot PRs in the apache/daffodil-vscode repository.  16 of the 19 open Pull requests are bot updates to GitHub Actions (CI) and software dependencies.  We are getting close to completing our 1.2.0 milestone and would like to clear as many of these open PRs as we can.  Pull requests require 2 approvals before they are merged and we need some help.

Assessing and approving the CI actions ought to be quick and easy (there are 4 of these and they are all tagged with “github_actions”) and all 4 have already passed CI, they just need the approvals so we can merge them.

The remaining 12 dependency PRs will take a more time, but would be very helpful to chip away at these.  When assessing these PRs, please use the checklist found here (https://github.com/apache/daffodil-vscode/wiki/Developers#reviewing-and-verifying-dependency-bot-updates
) and include the results in a comment in the PR.

Thanks for your help!

-Davin

This message and any files transmitted within are intended
solely for the addressee or its representative and may contain
company proprietary information.  If you are not the intended
recipient, notify the sender immediately and delete this
message.  Publication, reproduction, forwarding, or content
disclosure is prohibited without the consent of the original
sender and may be unlawful.

Concurrent Technologies Corporation and its Affiliates.
www.ctc.com  1-800-282-4392