Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Chandresh Turakhia <ch...@bhartitelesoft.com> on 2007/01/18 13:14:09 UTC

Extensibility pattern documentation

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/General+Entity+Overview

Document says
Note that the default types for the data model are defined in
ofbiz/commonapp/entitydef/datamodel-data.sql.

I cannot see this folder or file. Can someone please guide me where can I
file the same.

Nice to have more info on Extensibility

Chand

Re: Extensibility pattern documentation

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
I must admit I'm a bit out of my league on this one.
One of the draws of OFBiz for me is that I wouldn't
have to mess with database "stuff" :-)

--- Chandresh Turakhia
<ch...@bhartitelesoft.com> wrote:

> Thanks chris ,
>
> I did check application specific models but I felt
> may be I made mistake in
> downlaod.. since it was said in doc :) Any way , how
> wise would be make
> Oracle specific additions to MODEL. Does it have
> lots of dependencies at
> places I might not find.  I want to generate "FOR
> Update " and "Connect By"
> clauses in certain situations. I am ready to put
> that in XSD definition
> file.
>
> Situation is typical Employee - Supervisor .Party X
> is Parent of Party Y
> which is also Party X type. What the best way to
> model other than classic
> Connect by query
>
> Better ideas most welcome. Thanks in advance.
>
> Chand

ofbizhome/applications/product/entitydefs/entitymodel.xml

ofbizhome/applications/party/entitydefs/entitymodel.xml

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.