Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Nayak, Narayana" <na...@thomson.com> on 2004/06/02 19:08:01 UTC

[users@httpd] Caching on Apache proxy

Hello there,

I am trying to find out how to turn on the caching on our apache 2.0.48
proxy. (I am using this as a proxy server).
We were using 1.3.2x before and caching worked fine. Now, this caching
functionality is moved to experimental module in 2.x (Is there any risks?).
I have included mod_cache and mod_disk_cache with my apache binary.

I have included all the necessary caching directives. But do not see my
upstream content getting cached. If anybody has already done this, please
give me some tips.

Here's my directive listing. Am I missing something? Can the disk cache be
used with proxy module to cache the upstream content? It was working fine
with 1.3.2x with the following directives except the CacheEnable.

CacheRoot /ilx/httpd/cache
CacheSize 5000
CacheGcInterval 23
CacheMaxExpire 86400
CacheLastModifiedFactor 0.1
CacheDefaultExpire 86400

CacheEnable disk http://myservice/

I get my content to the requesting client, but proxy does not cache it.
1.3.2x proxy caches the same content. There is no restrictive cache-control
headers to prohibit the caching on proxy. I have a very short deadline. I
would appreciate the earliest response.

Thanks,
N.Nayak.