Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by David Miller <is...@gatekeeper.ddp.state.me.us> on 1996/01/08 02:02:06 UTC

Re: chroot and spwd.db

On Sun, 7 Jan 1996, Andrew Wilson wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> 	Mmm, nice idea.  I've passed this on to the rest of the
> developers and I'm sure we'll consider this for the next release
> of the software.  If you have any hints as to *how* we'd do it,
> patches etc, then feel free to send them ;)

This isn't much help, but isn't there a nearly identical set of routines
to access the pwd.db?  After all lots of users will want to access the
pwd file but only root may use the spwd.

To the best of my (very limited) knowledge the only difference whether
the password is encrypted or a "*".  My simple work around was to delete
spwd.db an ln to it from pwd.

Thanks for considering it in future versions:)

--- David

		It's *amazing* what one can accomplish when
		    one doesn't know what one can't do!